update moonlight-embedded to 2.4.3

• Is it not possible to disable the auto-update of GFE?

I think you can. Go in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Edit "hosts" file (with notepad++) by adding in the last line:

127.0.0.1 services.gfe.nvidia.com , then save it

That makes all traffic to the address end up on the local computer. After that the GFE cant connect to the update server (unless it finds a fallback server which may exist). That seems to work with Win7 versions (but maybe not in win 10. For win 10 try this instead https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/…073543/#5073543)

I have this setting for a lot of time without GFE being updated. Until recently...where GFE auto updated to 3.13.1.30 though..

Edited once, last by Haris1977: Added web page for Win10 GFE disabling update (April 23, 2018 at 1:01 PM).

• Running into an issue using a milhouse build of libreelec and the latest (tried the 8.2 branch that people said worked a few pages back) branch of moonlight that you just posted.

I can pair without issue, but i cannot launch anything through the moonlight interface in kodi at all, click button nothing happens on pc, nothing happens in kodi.

However if i SSH into the raspberry pi and directly call moonlight ie, moonlight stream <ip> -app "Game.exe" it then prompts me to add in a controller mapping which older installations of this never prompted as they could jsut detect it this might be causing the app inside of kodi to fall the f*** over plz fix.

Then upon manually setting a configuration file for the controller via SHH ie, moonlight stream <ip> -app <game> -map ./.kodi/addons/....
    Moonlight then streams properly, it does not display a picture i believe its rendering under kodi as i only get sound...

Worth mentioning i have 0 issues streaming to my phone or to a raspbian installation of moonlight with this setup.

• Can absolutely confirm this is a fault with moonlight not finding a mapping file causing moonlight.sh to fail.

Shelled in and ran "systemctl stop kodi" to kill kodi

Then ran "moonlight stream <ip> -app "Steam" -mapping <pathtogamecontroller.db>" and it worked.

The addon is not properly calling moonlight.sh, i can execute it via SSH and it functions but from inside kodi it doesnt launch.

Edited once, last by MoonlightPlz (March 30, 2018 at 6:14 PM).

• Actually did a bit of further testing, from startup moonlight is nonfunctional, however if we SSH in and manually run the .sh script && change line 84 to /bin/sh -c "${ADDON_DIR}/bin/moonlight ${MOONLIGHT_ARG} -map /storage/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/etc/gamecontrollerdb.txt > ${ADDON_LOG_FILE} 2>&1" moonlight starts working when called from inside kodi.

Resolved the issue by forcing libreelec to run moonlight.sh DELAYED on boot & with the above change to moonlight.sh.

Tl;DR: The moonlight service doesnt automatically run on startup, might be a failure of LibreElec Leia since i AM using an alpha build, in addition the script is broken needs to include a hardlink to a controller file or have the controller file put where its meant to be, idk enough about moonlight to actually fix that so the above is a very hacky solution..

This issue moonlight service file not installed on Libreelec 9 with Kodi 18 Alpha · Issue #58 · dead/script.moonlight · GitHub actually seems to be the most likely culprit tbh...

Edited once, last by MoonlightPlz (March 30, 2018 at 7:30 PM).

• Resolved the issue by forcing libreelec to run moonlight.sh DELAYED on boot & with the above change to moonlight.sh.

could you try this service.moonlight-9.0.109.zip

(generic)

I looked into the script and had no idea why it doesn't load the systemd file, just hacked around and changed from script.moonlight to service.moonlight.

Pls delete the old addon completely, reboot, then install the plugin from above. Maybe it works.

• could you try this service.moonlight-9.0.109.zip

(generic)

I looked into the script and had no idea why it doesn't load the systemd file, just hacked around and changed from script.moonlight to service.moonlight.

Pls delete the old addon completely, reboot, then install the plugin from above. Maybe it works.

Installed as directed.

This version doesn't load at all now, just crashes with an application error before even attempting to pair with the computer.

IE Configure moonlight to point to the host machine, run moonlight, crashes

Expected Behaviour: Ask to pair with computer/open stream menu.

/e: Either im bad and i cant find the log file for moonlight or it didnt make one ;(

Hardware is raspberry pi 3 B+ if that makes a difference.

/e2: After re-installing a functional version it begun working without needing the SSH command so uh guess your change installed the service properly but broke something else lmao.

Edited once, last by MoonlightPlz (April 1, 2018 at 7:07 AM).

• I uploaded a new version, maybe it works (already spotted a problem but not sure its relevant).

Works from update, i'll clean install tomorrow/later when i have time just to make sure it isn't broken!

So do we have a fix yet?

when do you think the Devs will update the repository?

script.moonlight-9.0.109.zip

^This works for me after an update (didnt break anything) i'll clean install it from vanilla tomorrow/later this week to confirm it works from scratch!

In windows install an older version of GFE, the version of moonlight installed for libreelec is version 2.2.2 which does NOT work with version of GFE later than 3.9.0.97 (this is a known issue plz update/fix)

as the current 9.0 version is also not really working there is no need to push it to 8.2 either

Still might be worth testing on latest 8.X build to confirm its not a problem with 9.X!!

has anyone tried steam with docker instead?

Tried that first, ran into power warnings really f'ing fast, moonlight has the advantage of disabling kodi as a service which i believe makes it a more lightweight solution at the end of the day. Could be wrong didnt experiment much with docket on RPI!!!

Tl;Dr:

Install this version of the moonlight addon on your raspberry pi: script.moonlight-9.0.109.zip

Install this version of GFE on windows: NVIDIA GeForce Experience 3.9.0.97 Download for Windows / FileHorse.com

OPTIONAL: Follow this: #5073543 to stop GFE updating (which will break moonlight..) && remember you did it so when moonlight updates you can undo it!!

Restart the raspberry pi, configure the moonlight addon to point to the PC's IP Address, pair the devices, should work from this point onwards.

Edited 5 times, last by MoonlightPlz (April 2, 2018 at 2:48 PM).

• My problem stems from the Moonlight plugin itself and 'dead' has informed me that i need to compile a newer version of that git to get it working under 9.xx

I have no environment setup and lack of knowledge or i would do it for you guys! Good luck...