update moonlight-embedded to 2.4.3

• Please update the moonlight-embedded package to the latest 2.4.3

It has several updates since the 2.2 included currently, like autodetected controller mappings.

Thank you!

• moonlight runs in console but the current plugin throws this:

Code
    09:54:13.265 T:1858073504   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>                                            Error Contents: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/lib/libmoonlight-common.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

so i edited ~/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/lib/moonlight.py and changed:

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/lib # cat moonlight.py |grep so        self.commonlib = ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary(os.path.join(libpath, "libmoonlight-common.so"))        self.gslib = ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary(os.path.join(libpath, "libgamestream.so"))

but still no luck, it's possible to list apps "sometimes" from kodi, but i can't stream, i will try it from console since i didn't found any logs.. but kodi propably crashes when i try to stream

I had to download gamecontrollerdb.txt to ~/.config/moonlight

then systemctl stop kodi

and after that i can start from console and works as expected including the controller now mapped properly

so i belive the problem is somewhere within the launcher but atleast the streaming and the controller works properly

How should I progress to find the reason why kodi crashes when I try to start the stream from the UI?

Edited once, last by hdkiller (September 11, 2017 at 7:39 AM).

• Thanks guys, now everything works!

I had to edit ~/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/moonlight.sh and do the following changes:

(Remove forcehw param and change the -fps params)

So with all these modification your zip works:

- change library links in ~/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/lib/moonlight.py

- wget the latest gamecontrollerdb.txt to ~/.config/moonlight/gamecontrollerdb.txt

- comment out forcehw and change the fps in the launch script ~/.kodi/addons/script.moonlight/bin/moonlight.sh

- systemctl restart script.moonlight.service

Now everything works so far as I expected, controller, streaming etc.

I have also found the reason for the kodi crash when the addon tries to list the games on the host, but I don't know how to fix it, but it's reproducable. If there is no name resolving (no working DNS set) then kodi crash when I launch the moonlight addon on the GUI. If I set a DNS then the listing works properly.

How should I process to make these changes avaiable for others in the upcoming updates?

Thank you,

Laszlo

Edited once, last by hdkiller (September 11, 2017 at 2:36 PM).

• I can't test today but tomorrow I will.

Also there is some issue with the listing Kodi still randomly crashes when I launch the moonlight addon to list the games. I will provide logs too by tomorrow.

Plus I believe I should spend some time to understand the current parameters for moonlight and review the launcher addon and that moonlight.sh, because as far as I see it doesn't respect everything I set in the UI.

Unrelated but some games doesn't have proper xinput implementation, but I figured out it's possible to set some controller emulation in Steam Big Picture, when those set those games works properly as well.

Actually this moonlight-streaming on a Pi3 with Ethernet works surprisingly well. I can't tell I am not playing on localhost honestly I am a bit shocked.

Could you please help me out where I can find the addon log file set in the moonligh.sh ${ADDON_LOG_FILE} ? I had to hardcode it to have logs, but I belive there is an easier way to enable logging.

Thanks

Laszlo

• I have tested the new .zip it's works!

It's crashes like the previous one when I stop a stream and enter again to the game listing, but that problem was existed and it's not a new one.

Thank you very much!

Any idea how to troubleshoot the crash when I launch the addon again after a stream stopped?

• Could you please check this out? Maybe the addon isn't build properly?