LIBREELEC default share appearing as NetBIOS alias "%H"

• Hi everyone,

I just upgraded from LibreELEC 8.0.2 to 8.1.1. I initiated the update directly through the LibreELEC settings menu.

For probably 6 months, I haven't had to touch anything - LibreELEC = most reliable SMB connections I've ever encountered. My Mac is configured to mount two specific folders on the "LIBREELEC" share.

"LIBREELEC," has always been displayed in the sidebar. Immediately after the upgrade, that changed. Only the NetBIOS alias "%H" is displayed now. Please help - I've been spinning my wheels for about 4 hours now - no exaggeration...

Samba 3.x /storage/.config/samba.conf configurations must be updated to use the new Samba 4.x template (samba.conf.sample) as some Samba 3.x configuration is incompatible. The embedded Samba server may fail to start until this is done. If the reason for older changes was workgroup name please delete the file and use the new in-GUI configuration method.

^ text from the release notes that you didn't read before updating :)

• Well I suppose actually reading the release notes instead of just skimming them would be a good move next time.

Any reason that the installer didn't simply rename samba.conf ---> samba.conf.old, and then just replace samba.conf with the updated file?

Sure, it would have caused a different group of people to have issues, but those people would probably be the ones running old crappy hardware/software that can't deal with SMB 2/3 anyway. :S Just kidding... (kinda).