S905x box optical audio problem

• Hi,

I have a Sammix r95s android box with amlogic s905x. I bought this box striclty to play 4k hevc (non-hdr due to my TV) and passthrough audio through the optical audio (toslink) on the box to my receiver. The receiver does not support 4k so an HDMI is connected from the box to the TV and then a toslink is connected from the box to the receiver.

Over the past couple days I've installed many builds of LibreELEC but have had the same problem in all the builds in that the optical audio option does not even show up.

After looking through the forums I've realized that this is how the amlogic drivers are and that if audio is passed through the HDMI then it should also go through the optical, however it does not go through the optical output to the receiver.

Even through the menus I am receiving no sound navigating or even if I turn passthrough off I am not getting any sound through the optical.

I thought maybe it was a problem with my receiver or the optical cable itself, however when using the android kodi in the box itself, passthrough as well as all the audio does work through the optical output to the receiver and I do get DTS and DD.

I am new to this so I am trying to get some help.

Is there anyway to fix this issue or is there something I am missing here?

Any help would be appreciated