License problems with DIBUSB tv tuners

• I tried several linux distro's the last few days and tried LibreElec as a "last resort". I deliberately is not choose the latest version because kernel versions 4.9 to 4.12 all contain the issue with DIBUSB drivers. But apparently even LibreElec 8.0.2 already experiences the same problem. Mine is a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T USB2. With the right firmware, I should get this whe dmesg|grep dvb (output of LibreElec 7.0.3):

[ 6.241294] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T usb2' in cold state, will try to load a firmware

[ 6.244082] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-nova-t-usb2-02.fw'

[ 6.277733] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_nova_t_usb2

[ 6.280433] dvb-usb: generic DVB-USB module successfully deinitialized and disconnected.

[ 8.305374] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T usb2' in warm state.

[ 8.305525] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.

[ 8.310485] dvb-usb: MAC address: 00:0d:fe:00:ec:e7

[ 8.320125] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 100 msecs.

[ 8.320128] dvb-usb: Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T usb2 successfully initialized and connected.

But instead I get this:

Code
    dvb_usb_dibusb_mc_common: Unknown symbol __symbol_get (err 0)

According to some kernel patch log I stumbled upon (Google Groups) this was already fixed in 4.9 but apparently the problem still occurs in 4.12 (at least with the latest ubuntu distro tried AND with the latest LTS version and also with LibreElec 8.0.2. Other distributions - from Red Hat to Debian - where the same issue was reported, all closed the error report because they didn't get an answer within a certain period of time, but that does not solve the problem...

So I was hoping if you could see how this problem could be solved...

• A little update. If I correctly interpret the information on this page

Change log : linux package : Debian

(at least in Debian) the problem will be most likely solved as of kernel version 4.13. Check for the line with this text:

Code
    dvb-usb-dibusb-mc-common

Any idea when this kernel version will be part of a LibreElec release?