Image from the compilation of LibreELEC cannot be installed on Intel NUC5i5RYH

• 1) Enabling SSH

I have added the ssh word at the line of APPENd line as mentioned

Code
    LABEL live
      KERNEL /KERNEL
      APPEND boot=UUID=1708-3627 live quiet tty vga=current ssh

Unfortunately, I got "connection refused". Can you confirm SSH can be enabled even if we didn't process the Kodi setup screens?

2) Getting access to the Kodi setup screens

Something, when I'm re-creating my usb stick with the image that I built, my issue is disappearing (no more loop/Access to the Kodi setup screens). Strange I have to admit...

Then, can LibreELEC USB creator (running on Mac) can do something wrong when it's creating partitions and copying the files?

can Paragon ExtFS software cause problems?

3) Location of the default hostname

Where is locating the default hostname (i.e LibreElec) in the LibreElec GIT files?

• oh crap. It probably needs Kodi to start successfully once in order for the LE addon to configure and start the sshd service. Hmmm. You're probably screwed.

#2 great, then enable ssh and upload the latest crashlog that contains any information. It's possible kodi is crashing immediately without starting which would explain the lack of any information, in which case you should try running Kodi from the command-line but if it's stopped crashing then who knows.

To be honest though, weird problems like this often turn out to be hardware faults. Check your memory by running memtest86+.

• oh crap. It probably needs Kodi to start successfully once in order for the LE addon to configure and start the sshd service. Hmmm. You're probably screwed.

OK - So, no way to use ssh for seeing the log remotely...

#2 great, then enable ssh and upload the latest crashlog that contains any information. It's possible kodi is crashing immediately without starting which would explain the lack of any information, in which case you should try running Kodi from the command-line but if it's stopped crashing then who knows.

To be honest though, weird problems like this often turn out to be hardware faults. Check your memory by running memtest86+.

I would agree if my issue was happening at anytime (even after the installation).

I'm using this NUC with LibreELEC since it was launched and before with OpenELEC. Never, I had issue before!!!

Hopefully for me, the default build is always working and as highlighted in my previous post, now sometimes it was working with my build. This situation is very strange and I have to admit I don't know anymore what to check.

Another thing: the /storage directory is available in the image directory (build tree) but not created on my SSD when I have this issue. Again, can the creation of the usb stick be the origin of the problem?

• If an older LE or Openelec build is working, then enable ssh in the working build (and confirm it is working), then upgrade by dropping the non-working .img.gz into the Update folder and reboot. If after upgrading you find Kodi is crashing in a loop you should now be able to login with ssh.

As for the lack of /storage, that seems a little unlikely. Can you upload your .img.gz somewhere?

• I don't currently have a spare system on to which I can install your image, however I've unpacked your image and both the System and Storage partitions are present.

I've also booted a Skylake-based NUC using your image and can successfully boot into all the supported modes: "installer", "live" and "run" (the latter correctly resizing the /storage partition on the USB stick). At no point did I experience a Kodi restart loop, so it doesn't look like there's anything wrong with your 8.0.2 image.

Please double check your hardware (memtest86+ etc.). Without the crash logs, though, it's impossible to tell why Kodi is crashing. Given this is a "weird" and unexplainable situation, it's most likely due to hardware failure of some kind.