v8.1.0 beta - key presses on remote are repeated twice

  • The position of the IR receiver can certainly have an impact, you can try rotating/moving your RPi - ideally the receiver should point directly to you.


    Use of Hifiberry should be harmless, I'm using a GPIO receiver myself with the Cirrus logic audio card.


    Since you mentioned streaming from NAS the linked issue immediatly came to my mind. Simply speaking: transferring data via USB can mess with GPIO IR receivers. And on RPi the (wired) ethernet chip is connected via USB.


    While personally I haven't experienced that issue yet (but I mainly play from local USB HDD, sometimes stream from the internet) it's not unthinkable that you are hit by it.


    so long,


    Hias

  • can someone help me get my XBOX ONE remote working? using raspberry pi with IR on GPIO.

    on 8.0.1 it was working perfectly


    i attached all my config files whish was working on 8.0.1 but stopped working on 8.1.0.

    BTW i switched on/off (everytime reboot) lirc in settings but no luck.

    Files

  • can someone help me get my XBOX ONE remote working? using raspberry pi with IR on GPIO.

    on 8.0.1 it was working perfectly


    i attached all my config files whish was working on 8.0.1 but stopped working on 8.1.0.

    BTW i switched on/off (everytime reboot) lirc in settings but no luck.

    First remove this block from autostart.sh:

    Code
    1. killall lircd
    2. ir-keytable -p lirc
    3. lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 /storage/.config/lircd.conf


    Then enable lirc in LE settings, this wil automatically pick up your lircd.conf file.


    You also have to change your Lircmap.xml, the remote device has to be set to "devinput" instead of "XBOX-ONE".


    Instead of using the "lirc-rpi" dtoverlay plus your lircd.conf file you can also use the "gpio-ir" dtoverlay and disable Lirc in LE settings. This should support the Xbox one remote out of the box, some of the KEY names seem to be different to the ones from your lircd.conf file though (see /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/xbox_one) so you'll need to adapt your Lircmap.xml


    so long,


    Hias

  • dtoverlay=lirc-rpi -> dtoverlay=gpio-ir

    disable lirc + reboot is enough to get it basic working without anything changed (keymap.xml might still be needed as not every button is used by default)