Libreelec 8.0.2 not updating to Kodi 17.3

• Sorry If this has already been asked but I couldn't find it.

I have a Go streamer quad core android box booting to an SD card with Libreelec 8.0.2 which is running Kodi 17.1.

Update channel is libreelec 8.0 and there are no other available versions.

I was under the impression that if my Libreelec was version 8.0.2 then the Kodi version should be 17.3

Is it possible to manually update the Kodi version ? as it's not updating when rebooting the android box.

Thank You

• The update function in LE settings checks official servers for official LE images. We have never released an image for generic Android boxes so you must be running something community created; hence nothing is listed when you check for updates. Some of the community image creators also take liberties with version numbers and content, which explains why 8.0.2 on your box does not have Kodi 17.3 like our official 8.0.2 release.

I've moved the thread to the Amlogic section of the forum where the offending community creators hang out :)

• Thank You. Go Streamer are selling the SD cards with Libreelec on them so that older android boxes can run newer versions of Kodi.

Hopefully someone will have an answer on that forum.

• I'll add their name to the list of rip-off merchants who sell an incompetently built version of our great £0 software for profit. As there are no sources for their images visibly published anywhere they can also join the list of GPLv2 violators too. We officially disown anything they provide.

Amen