[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

• Hi guys. I am thinking of upgrading to 8.9, what is the safest way to do this. I would love to just add the TAR file to the update folder but the partition rename from ""libreelec disk"" to ""storage"" , I am guessing this would cause problems. What is the easiest and safest way to upgrade

Thanks

I think you can copy the TAR file to the update folder then rename the disk label to "storage" by this command:

Code
    1. e2label /dev/data "STORAGE" 

Then reboot the system to start upgrade.

This is the most simple solution. Anyway, do a backup, should this procedure fails.

• I'd like to do this but I don't see eMMC partitions:

Code
    1. CoreELEC:~ # ls /dev/mmcblk0*
    2. /dev/mmcblk0 /dev/mmcblk0boot0 /dev/mmcblk0boot1 /dev/mmcblk0rpmb

while in dmesg I see some mentions:

CoreELEC (official): 9.0.0 (Amlogic.arm) on gxl_p281_1g

Please help how to make them "visible".

• disregard, fixed.

• same problem any help

• Hi there, my x96 mini's android crashed, im unable to load the stock firmware so deiced to run libre from a sd card. Now the issue is android not present, i dont have a /dev/data partion to use as local storage. How do i then proceed further?

• It cant, im getting uboot errors, so am stuck with that. Its a clients box that they said its just black. So i noted the ANdroid system is gone. But yes i have been struggling for more than a week trying different stock images to get the firmware loaded again, but no luck.

• You have done something wrong and Android crashed. Perhaps a look at Andoid Forum like freaktab could help.