[SOLVED] IR, no output from IRW and not work

• Hello everyone,

i am stuck with configuring IR remote (from Microlab Pro 3) can't get it work. Here is there full story - what was done:

1. Added - "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=25" to config.txt (as i use iqaudio pi-dac+ which is mapped IR pin to 25)

2. dmesg | grep lirc

Code
    [    3.576349] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 244
    [    3.620614] lirc_rpi: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [    4.551568] lirc_rpi: auto-detected active low receiver on GPIO pin 25
    [    4.551766] lirc_rpi lirc_rpi: lirc_dev: driver lirc_rpi registered at minor = 0
    [    4.551769] lirc_rpi: driver registered!
    [    4.775897] input: lircd-uinput as /devices/virtual/input/input2
    [    4.899723] input: eventlircd as /devices/virtual/input/input3

3. killall lircd

4. mode2 -d /dev/lirc0

So IR - receiver works fine.

5. Tried this: ir-keytable -p LIRC from guide: Guide To lirc rpi GPIO Receiver - LibreELEC

Code
    Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*.

So just skipped.

6. irrecord /storage/.config/lircd.conf

Created for me ml3.lircd.conf so i have just copied and renamed it to lircd.conf

7. Reboot, and that's it - configured buttons do not work, irw - shows nothing.

8. Tried Added/Created Lircmap.xml added to ~/.kodi/userdata

Code
    <lircmap>
    <remote device="ml3">
                    <volumeplus>KEY_VOLUMEUP</volumeplus>
                    <volumeminus>KEY_VOLUMEDOWN</volumeminus>
                    <mute>KEY_MUTE</mute>
    </remote>
    </lircmap>

No help.

Almost forgot:

RP3 (IR - Infrared Receiver (TSOP38238)), LE:8.0.2 (Kernel 4.9.29), Build: Kodi 17.3, Git 147cec4, (25.05.2017)

Will be appreciated for any help.

• Could you try with the gpio-ir overlay instead of the lirc-rpi overlay?

Just change your config.txt to contain this:

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=25

Also disable Lirc in LibreELEC Settings -> Services.

Then follow this guide to configure the remote using ir-keytable: WD TV Live remote

Using irrecord to manually create a lircd.conf file has always been problematic. In your case it created an invalid file - you'd have to remove the 0x00000000 from the keycodes.

Using a remote with a IR standard protocol like rc-5, rc-6 or nec and the in-kernel decoding (which is available if you use gpio-ir) avoids most of these pitfalls.

so long,

Hias

• Dear HiassofT

Thank you for your help. Before trying gpio-ir, i did try to correct lircd.conf and you was absolutely correct - generated file is invalid because of 0x00000000, so i removed these zeros sequences.

Also just in case i have removed lircmap.xml which i have created desperately when was trying last time to solve that.

After reboot - it magically works! So all problem was in lircd.conf generated file.

Thanks for help and support.