Wetek Play2 DVB-C: No scan results

• I'm really struggling to get Cable TV to work:

TV signal is ok (tested with TV). I installed the tvheadend server (w/o activating Preload capmt_ca.so library and Wait for frontend initialisation in tvheadend settings). Via Web Frontend I configured tvheadend - activated the DVB-C adapter, added DVB-C network, etc. (I did this with other kodi/openelec/libreelec installations many times - with success!) But now: no scan results at all.

Maybe my problem lies here:

The device seems to be detected - but no adapter, no frontend ...

I'm stuck ...

Your help btw. suggestions would be really appreciated.

(I should mention, that I am about 200 km away from the wetek play 2 -> no problem with RDP and phone :*)

• If you see DVB-C adapter in web interface, then adapter has been detected, why you write "no adapter, no frontend"? The messages in your log show normal functioning of the DVB driver.

• hm..

Code
    [    7.295718@1] wetek-dvb dvb.49: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Sony CXD2837ER DVB-T/T2/C demodulator)...
    [   11.168326@2] wetek-dvb dvb.49: DVB: adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 0 out of range (42000000..1002000000)

but what does those lines mean?

and this:

Code
    [    4.298412@3] wetek-dvb dvb.49: Failed to find MxL603 tuner!

thanks for your answer

• The driver first probes for mxl603 tuner, and if it is not detected, it tries to initialize ASCOT3 tuner. You can see next line in the log:

Code
    i2c i2c-1: Sony ASCOT3 attached on addr=60 at I2C adapter ffffffc01038f0e0
  • The driver first probes for mxl603 tuner, and if it is not detected, it tries to initialize ASCOT3 tuner. You can see next line in the log:

Code
    i2c i2c-1: Sony ASCOT3 attached on addr=60 at I2C adapter ffffffc01038f0e0

Where did you find this line?

And do you think, the tuner is properly initialized and should function? Does ... DVB: adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 0 out of range ... mean, the first adapter first frontend or no adapter at all?

Aaand - do you have any suggestions, what I should try next?

Thanks for your patience

• You will see that line in you full log (without grep -i dvb). Adapter 0 frontend 0 means first adapter and first frontend.

Unfortunately it is hard to tell why you get no results after a scan, probably your tvh config is wrong. I don't have DVB-C here, but DVB-T2 works just fine for me with the same tuner.

• Thank you very much for your informations! This was quite helpful - now I know the the device is properly identified - I'll have to go on ...

• Update - (Just to let you know):

There was neither a software problem nor a broken Wetek tuner.

Everything went fine, when we connected the wetek play2 in another room. It seems to be, that the signal strength of the cable is (either) to high (or to low).

We have to investigate ...