S805 - Sound Issues

• Good Day

Apologies if this is posted incorrectly.

Could some of the wise men on this forum assist me please?

Apologies for the lengthy post. If I should split it up I will do so.

My hardware is MXQ S805, 1G Ram, 8Gig ROM.

My Receiver is a Sony DA2400ES.

Does this S805 hardware have issues with DTS Passthrough?

Till now I have been using Android 4.2.2 and Kodi Jarvis. My issues were DTS Passthrough not working and brightness adjust did not work when playing back a vid.

I had to enable AC3 encoding to have surround sound playback. Other than this Audio was fine.

I have just loaded 8.0.2d with the hope that above would be resolved and am now confronted with a host of problems.

Audio Playback Problems

Remote control not all buttons working - I have used remote.conf from original Android. Vol up nothing, Vol Dwn restarts movie.

USB Port #4 does not work when using 8.0.2d, other usb ports fine.

Audio Problems when playing back the following audio formats:

2ch Movie - requires me to toggle the "Enable Passthrough" whilst playing to get audio working for every video. (If passthrough disabled then I must enable and vice-versa).

5.1 AAC Movie - Also have to toggle "enable passthrough" to get audio to play. I must enable "AC3 Encoding" for receiver to go into 5.1 mode otherwise it indicates it is receiving 2ch.

5.1 Dolby Movie - Plays audio but have to enable "AC3 encoding" for receiver to go into 5.1 mode.

Brightness adjust during playback works excellent with 8.0.2d

If I can be pointed in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings

• The only formats S805 can output are 2 channel PCM, AC3 and DTS. Any other format has to be either decoded to 2.0 PCM or transcoded to AC3.

For remote control buttons not working, this is stated in FAQ:

You may need to remap some buttons.

• Thanks for the reply.

Looks like I will need to begin shopping around for new hardware. Suggestions?

What is odd though is that same vids playback on same box with Jarvis on Android. I just need to have passthrough and AC3 options enabed if I want 5.1 working on receiver. No toggling settings on every video to get any sound.

Thanks

• Please check that you setup your speakers in kodi as "2.0" and then allow AC3 and DTS passthrough. For other formats to play in 5.1 (like AAC), you will have to use AC3-reencode as well.