Folder / Directory view

• Is it possible to have a folder / directory view for movies/tv shows. Currently with UMS I have an A..Z set of master folders TV series then get their own folders in then (eg New Tricks) with series in their own folder under that or single films are just under N

Nice and easy to find things.

My wife and I do not select films based on actor, director or year of production but by title or genre and after 36 years of marriage have far to many for the selection methods I have found in Kodi to be sensible for us.

I would like to be able to show cover art and plot which I can't with UMS.

Running on a Pi3

• I should have mentioned that the Pi is plugged into an HDMI port on a Panasonic TX40CX680B. I'm writing my own nfo files and pulling the cover art from my own database

• Official Post

I have no idea what UMS is, but you can use a folder view in a way when you choose not to use the Video Library but the Files view instead. Of course, not all of the movie's details will be shown, but the listing is more a directory view.

• UMS is Universal Media Server - its a DLNA media server but I'm trying to create a stand alone system unconnected to a network.

I've found the search function and I'm testing it out now. Not massively impressed so far but it may be usable

• Sorry about that, just my opinion. I'm beginning to get it set up as I want it. I'm an old fart and I like things organised in alpha folders. Since my file naming is non-standard (started waaay back with a database for VCR's) I had to write my own nfo files and cover art. It also looks as though I'm going to have to connect to the internet if I want the time right and be able to copy new films onto the usb drive without unplugging it.