Wireless access point tethering question

• Hi Guys

I am working on placing a Pi3 in my vehicle for streaming content to the built in entertainment system and using my phone as a remote via yatse. I enabled the wireless access point tethering feature which works great for this but the biggest issue is because the wireless tethering service in libreelec hands out DNS and a Default gateway via DHCP and then my phone can no longer use its mobile data connection. I am thinking if i can change it to not hand out a gateway or DNS servers the phone should know enough that it cannot route out via that connection and use the mobile data for surfing the internet. I have been poking around but cannot find a config file that allows this change. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Official Post

Not possible. ON/OFF, SSID and password are the only config options. It is functionally the same as the hotspot on your phone.

The only thing you could try is connecting the other way.. i.e. tether LE device to phone hotspot. As long as the remote app and box are in the same IP subnet they should be able to talk.

• I am hoping to setup something more fool proof. I would rather not leave the phone hot spot on all the time either. Plus I cannot guarantee what ip it will get from my phone hotspot which will cause remote control issues, I cannot set a static a I bring it inside my house sometimes to copy new media to it. Is there anything else I can do. Are there no config files anywhere that specify this range it hands out. What service is responsible for the dhcp handouts.

• The connection manager (connman) service manages the functionality of the hotspot and aside from the options I mentioned above all behaviour is internal and hard-coded. There is no config file hidden somewhere that you can tweak.