"Upgraded" from OE6; End of videos simply hang

• Hello,

Brand new user of LibreELEC here. I had been running OpenELEC 6 for a very long time without any issues. I upgraded to OpenELEC 8.0.4 a few days ago on my RPi1. No issues at all with any video playback. Decided to upgrade to RPi3, so I can run other things on it. Decided to install LibreELEC 8 by doing the "upgrade" by dropping the .tar into the .upgrades folder. This seemed to work just fine.

However, now, when playback reaches the end of a video file, it just hangs with a '0' inside a circle in the middle of my screen. This never happened before under OE6. With OE6, once a video reached the end, it automatically stopped and took me back to the GUI.

I have a mix of MP4, MKV, AVI, etc and the behavior is the same for all. Any ideas on why this is happening? What information should I provide to assist in debugging? Thanks!

• Official Post

It's not the normal behaviour. Most odd things that happen after upgrades tend to be add-on related. Things that keep track of what you watch etc. would be my guess. Post a Kodi debug log from clean boot where you play something to demonstrate the problem. Use the built-in paste function in LE settings and share the URL or use pastebin.

• I enabled debug logging, rebooted, and played one of the video files that exhibits the behavior.

jBXT

Please note that I have full legal rights under the DMCA to own and play these video files for my own personal use as I own the physical media.

• Official Post
    Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    mv /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.old
    systemctl start kodi

^ this will 'lose' previous Kodi GUI config (but not sources/thumbs etc.) and restart with a clean(er) config. Any change? - I don't see anything obvious in the log file.