atvclient working but kodi does nothing

• Hi,

i have some trouble controlling librelec 8.0.2 (it work if i revert back to 7.x) on my mac mini.

i made some step in the troubleshooting:

This is the output if i press button un my harmony configured as plex (was working till 7.x).

As you can see the remote is working, the atvclient too but in kodi nothing happened. If instead of harmony as plex I use harmony as apple remote it works (and atvclient detect as below:

Code
    26 87 ee 86 0c
    Event id: 000c
    Event id: 0000
    Sending button 02
    25 87 ee 86 0c
    Event id: 000c
    Sending button 02
    Down

if the keymap.xml missing?

If this is the case looking at the atvclient:

Code
    button_map[EVENT_EXTRA_PAGEDOWN]                    = new CPacketBUTTON(EVENT_EXTRA_PAGEDOWN,       "CC:AppleRemote", BTN_DOWN | BTN_NO_REPEAT | BTN_QUEUE);

multi_map[EVENT_HARMONY_UP]                        = new CPacketBUTTON(EVENT_HARMONY_UP,           "CC:Harmony", BTN_DOWN);

should i declare it as

<joystick name="Harmony">?

"In Krypton, remote handling has changed some and by default the Apple Remote is no longer a Joystick but a custom controller. This pull basically swaps out JS0 in strings for CC.

I've tested this as working with an Apple Remote. I've also modified the string for Harmony but have no way to test."

so probably joystick is not the correct statement but i don't find the correct keynames

tnks

Edited once, last by zemaree: Added customecontroller info (June 11, 2017 at 11:23 PM).

• I'm not exactly sure what's going wrong with atvclient (no hardware to test, LE is shipping latest atvclient version with krypton patches), but I noticed that kernel support for the apple ir receiver was disabled in LE.

Here's a test build with CONFIG_APPLEIR enabled:

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170616093132-r25705-g16fea8734.tar

Could you please test this build and report back if this works better/worse with atvclient running?

With added kernel support kodi should now receive IR events without atvclient running. To test this disable atvclient:

systemctl mask atvclient

and then reboot. (you can later re-enable atvclient with systemctl unmask atvclient and another reboot).

In both cases please post kodi debug logs where you press some buttons.

Also please post the output of the following commands:

lsmod

lsusb -v

dmesg | paste

lsof | grep /dev/input

BTW: the kernel driver only supports the remote codes of the original Apple remotes, so please test with these (maybe the Harmony configured as a Apple remote works, too). Other remote codes should be supported by running lircd, but let's leave this for later.

so long,

Hias

• Hi Hias,

After disabling atvclient:

I don't have an apple controller at home so I configured my Harmony as an apple tv controller. It's responding but the keys are not doing what they supposed to do ;)

This is my Kodi.log: Kodi log - Pastebin.com

lsmod: lsmod - Pastebin.com

lsusb -v: lsusb -v - Pastebin.com

dmesg | paste: aWSD

lsof | grep /dev/input: lsof | grep /dev/input - Pastebin.com

Afrer enabling atvclient:

It's responding good to the standard keys!

This is my Kodi.log: kodi.log - Pastebin.com

lsmod: lsmod - Pastebin.com

lsusb -v: Bus 002 Device 003: ID 05ac:8242 Apple, Inc. Built-in IR Receiver Device Descri - Pastebin.com

dmesg | paste: OUFT

lsof | grep /dev/input: 263 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-logind /dev/input/event2 263 /usr/lib/systemd/syst - Pastebin.com

Thanks for your help so far :)

Juul

• Thanks a lot for the feedback!

You didn't have debug logging enabled when grabbing the log files so I couldn't see which button presses were received by kodi. But I assume in the case with atvclient disabled you got volume-up/down forward, back, play/pause - is this correct?

Could you also test, with atvclient enabled, if the harmony profile(s) you used before on LE 7.x are working fine with this build?

so long,

Hias