Is there a way to see Finnish YLE live TV with Libreelec on a Raspberry Pi 3?

• I could not find an addon for the Finnish live TV YLE like for other TV live stations around the world.

Is there a way to see the live channel of Finnish YLE TV with Libreelec on a Raspberry Pi 3?

• Official Post

I'd use TVHeadend and a DVB tuner stick, then you get all the finnish channels and no add-on is required (apart from the TVHeadend client).

• Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I am not living in Finland but in another European country. So the DVB-T2 tuner would not receive any signal of a Finnish TV station. On a windows-PC there is no problem to see live or old TV programs via the internet here. I just want the same function for my Raspberries running LibreElec.

• You could try installing the Yle Areena addon. It has live streams for all three of the channels. I don't know if the streams are geo blocked though.

Link to the github page of the addon: master.zip

• I am using Berryboot as bootmanager and have installed Raspbian and Libreelec under it. Libreelec supplies Video addons in the menu. There I cannot find any YLE or AREENA containing addons. Is there another way to install the master.zip files or addons from other sources in this configuration?

• This guide explains how to install addons from zip files in Kodi 17.x using the Estuary skin. For some reason the Areena addon has never been in the official addon repository. That's why you need to "sideload" it from a zip file.

Kodi wiki