PVR Client - NextPVR will not load - unknown error

• Hello team,

Firstly well done for pushing through the changes in the Kodi package so quickly. I've been using variants of the software for a number of years and I am very impressed at the quality of open source software. Great for managing the program libruary when the family wants to relax to an afternoon movie.

My problem though, which may be a Kodi generic issue.

I recently purchased a Haupauge Duel HD Tuner, to stream TV from the lounge to the bedroom. We prefer the Kodi system to be the one shop for all media.

I have updated to Kodi 17.3 across multiple devices. I run NextPVR server on a windows 10 environment using Parrallels for mac. This is up and running and I have the Australian TV set up fine. I am using the old mac as a media server / skype / facetime etc

The kodi client addon for NextPVR does not load though.

a) I tried this on the native kodi for Mac

b) A separate windows 10 kodi laptop

c) And two raspberry pi units running Libreelec

I've also tried to download a TV headend client frontend, which I used to operate circa 2 weeks ago when I was using a raspberry pi as a TV server, and that client PVR addon will not load now.

There is no news on the web that I can discern relating to other people having issues with the downloading

The NextPVR addon, message.

We are based in Australia, so I don't know if this impacts on access to servers, but that said I was able to download libreelec updates etc no bother.

I had the issue the Libreelec 8.0.1, so I thought you had pulled the servers access prior to updating as a security measure.

But then with Libreelec 8.0.2 the issue persists.

But again feels like I am missing something obvious, but I am at a loss. As I said I previously ran Tvheadend server and client with minimal trouble.

Many thanks

Sandboy

• Official Post

If the add-on is not working on multiple platforms it should be reported to the developer via the add-on support thread in Kodi forums. We take a major interest in things like TVHeadend as it's so widely used, but for clients like NextPVR we just build whatever Kodi provide. If what they provide doesn't work it needs upstream attention.

• Thanks Chewitt

I'll pop a note on the PVR forum on Kodi. As it happens I suspect I will revert back to using TVheadend via a libreelec installation on a third Raspberry Pi. (Which was my original arrangement). I was attracted to using the PC route due to the ease of recording TV programs on a network storage device. Auto mounting the NAS on a raspberry Pi looks like I need to modify a script in Linux code, which as a beginner to Linux I was put off

Cheers

Dave

• Thank Chewitt

To be fair to the TVHeadend software its not that bad to work with :)and thankfully there are plenty of photo based guides. Mind you on my first attempt with the software a year or two ago, it did take me circa a week on and off tinkering with it to get to work. The latest incarnation is getting better though with the wizard.

I've got the TV headend server (Unit 1 Raspberry pi) up and running, and the TV Headend client is working nicely on a second and third Raspberry PI. Its recording fine to the SD card, so I just need to move recording over to the NAS drive. I just get twitchy when I need to modify a little bit of code, which I guess is the whole point of the raspberry pi project. :)