I got my WeTek HUB..

• Hi guys,

now i got my Wetek Hub.. 1st i launched the OTA to get the WeOS 3.0, the new firmware and Android 6.0.1.

I tried Kodi 17.1 but i get the DTS/Dolby sound only on few channels/movies.

Then i used LibreELEC 8.0.1l with the correct dtb.img: all is ok except the DTS/Dolby sound.. same behavior..

What's the problem for a DTS Certificated box?

What are the correct settings to get it work?

My audio equipment is a Bose Lifestyle 5.1 that works well with other sources (also YouTube on Sony Bravia SmartTV)..

Any help?

Thanks a lot! :)

Nick

• Official Post

How are your devices connect to each other? Is it like this:

Hub->HDMI->Bose Lifestyle->HDMI->TV

or is it like that?

Hub->HDMI->TV->S/PDIF_or_TOSLink->Bose

but i get the DTS/Dolby sound only on few channels/movies.

Where do those channels/movies come from? Please note, that if we are talking about Live-TV, that (AFAIK) you will only get DolbyDigital. I don´t know any Live-TV channel which provides DTS.

What are your audio settings? Do you have "sync playback to display enabled"? If yes, that would disable audio passthrough automatically. So if yes, then disable it, please.

And as always....we need a debuglog

• Thanks, firstly!

1. the connection chain is: hub -> hdmi -> tv -> TOS-link -> Bose (it works well with SmartTV and Sky Box)

2. i never checked "sync playback to display enabled"... but it doesnt affect live TV..

3. on IPTV i get both D5.1 sound or DTS 2.0 but only on some channels

.. we will check the log!

Thanks!

Nick

• Any new suggestion?

The TOS_link is ok cause it works properly with the other sources..

I tried mkv files (5.1, 7.1, Atmos) and i get only PCM stereo sound..

Thanks all!

Nick

• Can you try official LE. It seems like you are using Kszaq's experimental builds. There could be some issues with passthrough.

• :( same problem.. perhaps it's worst.. i'm a lil desperate..

AUDIO settings: Analog or HDMI? 2.0 or 5.1? Best match or Optimized? Passthrough + all the decoder options on?

I'm getting crazy..

• Toslink can only give you stereo, DD and DTS. You can't send THD, DTS HR/MA, Atmos nor 5.1 PCM over Toslink. Also make sure that your TV can pass the bitstream from HDMI to Toslink (mine cannot).

• My SmartTV is able cause with all the other sources it works.. also YouTube running as TV app can play DTS sound.. it's very strange and frustrating..

• DTS sound from YouTube? Your TV must perform some kind of DTS encoding down the way.

Make sure that it can pass DD/DTS from other HDMI sources e.g. laptop, not TV apps or USB media.

• I am able to get Dolby Digital 2.0 on some movies, Dolby Digital 5.1 on other movies and in some LiveTV channels.

Videos from files are only reproduced in PCM 2.0.

Maybe my Bose can't do more than that...

Thanks and maybe we will find new solutions..

:)

• Official Post

My SmartTV is able cause with all the other sources it works.

Please be more specific on this. What do you mean exactly with 'other sources'? Note, that a Smart-TV applikation is NOT another source. A source is specified by a device that you hook up to one of the TVs inputs.

If you TV outputs digital audio (DolbyDigital 5.1) from its internal player, it does not mean, that it's able to do the same for external sources. Some TVs are able to, some are not. Especially the ability to passthrough DTS from external devices through the TV to a sound system is pretty rare.

It would be better if you would be able to get a direct connection from your Hub to your Sound system. As this seems not to be possible you probably have to disable DTS and only use DolbyDigital.

As kszaq says. Try other devices (some other PC/Laptop) to rule things out.

• Hi m8s,

i connect to my Sony smart tv input:

1. AppleTV v4

2. Sky box

3. WeTek Hub

and i connect the smart tv output using TOS_link my Bose Lifestyle 18 III (DTS and Dolby Digital certified).

From the first 2 sources i get all the sound formats!

Why not the same behavior with WeTek?

Bose Mediacenter doesn't have hdmi inputs (it was born for dvd and svhs analog sources) even if i got the external converter.. so i used my smart tv as switcher..

Thanks for all your help! :)

Nick