WinTV-dualHD Strange Behavior and TVHeadend

• Hi All,

I'm having some trouble with my Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD tuner. The first challenge is getting this tuner to show up in TVHeadend in any way, shape, or form. I'm trying to use the one machine as both client and server. I start out by installing the TVHeadend 4.2 service via the LibreELEC repository and then try logging into the web GUI and that all works fine, but I don't see my tuner in there. I've followed a handful of tutorials on this topic, but I still don't see any tuners show up. Rebooting/reinstalling doesn't help. Here's what I see when I run dmesg | grep dvb

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep dvb
    [    7.766265] usb 1-1.2: em28174#0: dvb set to isoc mode.
    [    8.833885] usb 1-1.2: em28174#1: dvb ts2 set to isoc mode.
    [    9.051483] Modules linked in: si2157(O) lgdt3306a(O) i2c_mux em28xx_dvb(O+) dvb_core(O) snd_hda_codec_hdmi snd_hda_codec_realtek snd_hda_codec_generic em28xx(O) v4l2_common(O) tveeprom(O) videodev(O) snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec intel_powerclamp snd_hda_core intel_rapl snd_hwdep nuvoton_cir(O) rc_core(O)
    [    9.052940]  [<ffffffffa01569ce>] ? em28xx_dvb_init.part.5+0x2fe/0x3720 [em28xx_dvb]

I'm not savvy enough with this side of things to know if something looks wrong here, so that's one place I'm looking for help.

The other behavior I've noticed when this tuner is plugged in is I cannot reboot or shutdown the system. If I do either, I get a black screen with some text, and I have to push the reset button on the machine. I've noticed similar text when trying to install LibreELEC on my machine with the tuner plugged in. I can still manage to install the system, and it seems to run fine otherwise. I've tried having the card plugged into USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, and I've removed any extension cables between the tuner and the PC. I'm also using the USB ports on the back of the motherboard. If the card is not plugged in, neither the shutdown nor the installation issues are present. I've experienced this behavior on two different machines with the same tuner card. I've attached screenshots of the text.

I would really appreciate somebody pointing me in the right direction. Any ideas or constructive comments welcome!

Thank you!