Moved from OpenElec to LibreElec on my Asus Chromebox

• And now I can't get the internet to work. As a fair warning, I'm a big noob. But I'm stuck and I really need a hand here...

I installed LibreElec from an USB device. Upon going through the install process, LibreElec has a separate internet access page. On that page it showed the wired connection being 'online' and it saw a bunch of WiFi connections, all on idle. Good, and choose wired. After installing, I can connect through Chorus through a browser on my laptop and through SSH (Putty). It sees the shared partition of my Synology, so that all is working....

Except it doesn't show any results in search, the movies are not populated by images or even names of videos while I can see the whole bunch when setting up the source. The weather connection also doesn't work. Internet is just not working while Kodi on OpenElec worked fine before setting up Kodi through LibreElec.

How can I find out what the problem is? I tried the following:

Pinged google on LibreElec through SSH.
    These commands, ifconfig, route and cat /etc/resolv.conf
    Settings on my router.

I have no idea why Kodi refuses to connect to the internet. It says internet is online... Is this a Kodi issue, a LibreElec issue, both or something completely else?

• Do you have Internet connection on other devices?

I doubt that... In your routers config no gateway is set?

Have you tried to set IP, Network mask and gateway manually?

Regards
    Nicolas

• Do you have Internet connection on other devices?

I doubt that... In your routers config no gateway is set?

Have you tried to set IP, Network mask and gateway manually?

Regards
    Nicolas

Yes, I have connection without any problem. Normally I have my Pi3 as dedicated DNS server (Pihole), but I took it out of the loop.

Do you mean I should set the IP address manually in my router for the Kodi?
    [hr]
    Alright, fixed. I set the default gateway to 192.168.1.1 and voila, connection.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by botox (April 3, 2017 at 9:05 PM).