4k @ 60hz - Audio dropouts

• Hello everyone,

I am new to LibreELEC so please bear with me.

I have just installed the latest version of LibreELEC (8.1) on my new HTPC. This is an Intel Core i7 (Kaby Lake) system on an Asrock z270-fatal1ty ITX motherboard. The board has built in HDMI 2.0 output with onboard Intel HD Graphics.

The HTPC is connected to my Denon AVR-X6200 via HDMI. All inputs on the receiver are HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 enabled and will pass 4k @ 60hz. The receiver is connected via HDMI out to my LG OLED55B6V television which is 4k @ 60hz compatible.

The issue that I am having is that, when Kodi on the OpenELEC install is set to output to the display at 3840 x 2160 at 60hz refresh rate, I get regular audio dropouts which are like a little pop in the sound and sound stops for half a second before it returns. This happens once every minute or so. The picture on the TV is unaffected and looks fine always.

I have played around with the settings, such as disabling the option to adjust refresh rate and disabling audio passthrough, but this made no difference.

Then I found that, if I dropped the refresh rate setting down to 30.0hz from 60hz, the audio plays fine with no issues. I only have a few options in the menu for refresh rate and 30hz is the next lowest available before 60hz.

The audio drops out on both music files and video files at 60hz refresh but is perfect at 30hz refresh rate.

Has anyone come across this problem before? Is there a fix that I can try?

If you would like to see a debug log from my system, I can try and provide one for you although I am not sure exactly how to grab it from the PC.

Thanks in advance for any help.