no sound after connecting Bluetooth to phone

• Hi,

My setup is raspberry pi3 with a hifiberry dac. I am able to listen to music from kodi without a problem.

Now,I have enabled Bluetooth through the libreelec add on and connected my phone. But when I try to play music from my phone, there is no music coming through the speakers that are connected to the dac.

So to be clear, I am looking to play music on the phone, and hear that through the speakers that are connected to the dac that is connected to the Raspberry pi 3 running libreelec Kodi.

I tried the bluetoothctl command and it showed me the phone is connected. What am I missing?

Thanks
    Poorav

Edited once, last by Poorav (March 25, 2017 at 7:29 AM).

• Pulseaudio - LibreELEC

^^ it can be configured as discussed in that wiki article, at the expense of multichannel audio over HDMI which most people consider to be more important (hence it is not a default configuration).

I finally got a chance to get test this out. However the article shows how to make the bluetooth device the default output device. That is not what I am trying to do. I am going to play music on my phone and I would like to use the raspberry pi + with libreelec as the receiver. Here is the idea... my raspberry pi (installed with libreelec kodi) is connected to my amplifier. Now, I want to listen to music that is playing on my phone via raspberry pi through to my amplifier & speakers with bluetooth. Does that clarify my scenario a bit?
    [hr]
    Sorry, my apologies... finally these steps do work. It is still not clear in my head how exactly works, but it works.

But only till I reboot. after rebooting, I have to do all the steps again to ensure everything is working correctly. What can i do to make this permanent?

Thanks
    Poorav

Edited once, last by Poorav (April 1, 2017 at 11:15 PM).