Video playback jumps backward right after start

• I am having trouble with playback jumping backwards right after a video starts. The video will begin to play and then jump back multiple times as if it is having buffering problems even though the video bar shows that the video has buffered well beyond the current playback position. The video can jump backwards multiple times when playback started sometimes getting caught in a "jump loop" until it has jumped back all the way back to beginning. Once the video has been playing for a few minutes the issue seems to go away.

The issue happens when a video is first started, or after it has been paused and then resumed as well. This problem exists for videos played from the device, over LAN, or the web.

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 and have tried many different combinations of the advancedsettings.xml <cache> settings with none of them fixing the issue.

Any ideas?

• Okay good news! Thanks to your request for logfiles (I didn't know how to generate them before) I was able to see what was causing the playback to jump.

Turns out it was my cheap bluetooth keyboard is sending phantom "mouse action wheeldown" commands when it is just sitting there. (see log snippet below. I can share the entire log if needed). This explains why the playback would only jump at certain times and stop when the keyboard goes to sleep.

I can make the issue go away by disabling the keyboard after selecting the video. My next question is can I disable the mouse action wheeldown event entirely from within Kodi or LE? That way I don't have to constantly turn the keyboard off and on.

20:24:18.869 T:1961951232 DEBUG: ProcessMouse: trying mouse action wheeldown
    20:24:18.954 T:1961951232 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
    20:24:18.954 T:1961951232 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogSeekBar.xml) ------
    20:24:18.957 T:1961951232 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml) ------
    20:24:19.398 T:1961948064 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnSeek from xbmc
    20:24:19.398 T:1961948064 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnSeek

• Most of the times you know what or why things are happening by looking at the logs.

You should be able to use your keyboard while disabling every mouse interaction by disabling the setting "Enable mouse and touch screen support" in the Kodi settings(gear icon);
    Settings->System settings->Input, and disable "Enable mouse and touch screen support".

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (March 22, 2017 at 9:37 AM).

• Yes they are a big help!

Disabling the mouse and touch screen support worked great. This issue was bugging me forever and is gone now.

Thanks vitorp07!