Bluethoot Headphones Bose Soundlink II

• Hello,

My setup is composed of Asus Vivo Mini PC UN62 and I have the Bose sound link headphones II  and I trying to pair the Headphones with LibreELEC but it gives an authentication error. I tried LibreELEC 7 and Millhouse builds ( I read that those support Bluetooth audio) but the end result is the same. Is this even possible?

The steps to reproduce are:

• Put the headphones on pairing mode
    • LibreELEC detects the device on the devices list on the LibreELEC addon
    • I push the connect /paring option on LibreELEC
    • Gives and error . Headphones authentication required

I tried to delete the device and repeat the steps above and the maximum that I have accomplished is that I can make the LibreELEC addon report to me it's connected but the headphones still can't make connection ( the headphones have a white blinking light indicating it's still trying to connect)

What can I do? I'm trying not to use a Windows Setup but this issue and another I have with VAAPI (this one about this. Note: this only a reference on my part as a demonstration of my descontent experience with the setup that I have) are roadblocks for me in terms of usage. Otherwise I have nothing to say about LibreELEC :)

Thanks

• Status Update:

I have update to channel LibreELEC 8.0 and updated with the latest build and the connection started to work.

Thanks

But I would like to note that I didn't what I have differently to this to work.

• Official Post

There are some changes to BT pairing in the 8.0 settings add-on that are probably the reason it works on the alpha build. BT audio isn't widely used and development moved to 8.0 so there are no current plans to backport the changes.

• There are some changes to BT pairing in the 8.0 settings add-on that are probably the reason it works on the alpha build. BT audio isn't widely used and development moved to 8.0 so there are no current plans to backport the changes.

Hello chewitt , forget to mention that was using Millhouse Builds before updating . And I was using the alfa builds of libreelec 8.0. In version 7 I had already somewhere that it didn't work. But this feature is going to be removed in the final version o LE8?

• Hello,

Sorry to bring it up again, but somehow I cannot pair and connect my bluetooth headphones to libreelec. The Libreelec addon says to me that is connected and paired but no sound comes of it.

I have tried multiple times to remove and to pair again with no avail....

I had this working but something happenned that made this again impossible to pair/connect/work.

I'm using the alfa build 3 of libreelec 8

What can I do?

Thanks

Edited once, last by LordAnubis3 (July 28, 2016 at 9:59 AM).

• Once they are paired you have to change audio device in the audio setting in kodi. You'll need to select the pulseaudio bluetooth device.

I did that. Notice that I had the audio working. So I know I must change that so that I have sound in the headphones.
    Maybe is something in my headphones that is wrong. What I cannot understand is why it stopped working....

• I did that. Notice that I had the audio working. So I know I must change that so that I have sound in the headphones.
    Maybe is something in my headphones that is wrong. What I cannot understand is why it stopped working....

What finally dit it was following the steps below :

• Leave Audio device as the TV HDMI Device
    • Put Headphones in pair mode
    • Start Pairing
    • Start Trust

For some reason it only connects properly (Libreelec Addon visual confirmation + Headphones Confirmation of sucessfull pair) if the audio device is not Pulse Audio. After that you can change the audio device to Pulse Audio and have normal reproduction.

This was done using LIbreELEC 8 Alfa Build 3

Thanks

Edited once, last by LordAnubis3 (August 12, 2016 at 10:47 AM).