Kodi V17 + Raspberry Pi 3 + OS Raspbian Jessie?

• Hello,

first a big applause to the developers of the new Kodi V17 - great job. I must say that I am not an expert and so the following questions might be too easy to answer - but not for me. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 and the new Version 17 works perfectly WITH the preconfigured files (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.0.img).
    But if I want to install more than the normal applications it seem to be a problem. Maybe I´m wrong, but I haven´t found a solution.
    Having booted with the Raspbian Jessie with Pixel OS you are not so restricted as with the libreelec software - although from the performance it should be less powerful.

The fist problem is, that I have not found a version of KODI (Kodi | Open Source Home Theater Software) newer than 15.1 running on the raspberry. It seems as it is not so easy to adapt this software for the raspberry models? How could I force the raspberry th load the new version (V17 – Krypton)?

Next I would like to have programs installed like teamviewer (TeamViewer for Raspberry Pi – Development Contest — TeamViewer Pages) or tvheadend server. I only found an addon in Kodi für the PVR for TVheadend and the solution for VNC to remote control. This is not so satisfactory as I intend to remote control my Kodi Raspberry over the internet with different IP addresses. Therefore is a solution like teamviewer better than a build in VNC.A recording software for Kodi – like Tvheadend will also appreciated. Kodi is not necessaryly needed for that reason but as a control unit very useful.

The standard apt-get is in the libreelec software turned off - wget says the filesystem is readonly.

And that comes to a point, where my knowledege is at the end - and I hope someone has some good ideas how to handle these problems.

Thanks

Brian :huh:

• LE can run the binary apps you found in our add-on repo and anything you can find in a CPU arch compatible docker container, but there is (by design) no apt-get so if things like TeamViewer are essential you're stuck. Perhaps look at OSMC which is debian based and apt-get is possible.