Audio Channels issue - Libreelec 8

• Howdy all,

This is my first time posting here. Hopefully someone can help me! I'm having a problem when I change the number of audio channels from 2.0 to anything else, though i only need 5.1. I get audio with 2.0 and no sound at all with any of the other audio channels. I'm not an expert on these audio settings, but I tried messing with all of them in Kodi to try to get it to work and still no sound. I ended up setting everything back to default and I'm just using 2.0 for now.

I am using a Raspberry PI3 connected to a Onkyo receiver (TX-NR609). This is the first time using a Raspberry PI3 with this receiver. I previously had a Windows desktop with the previous versions of Kodi working fine. I did a clean install of Libreelec v8 on the PI and everything but this audio issue is working fine.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks!

Edited once, last by Klojum (February 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM).

• RPi2 8.0 and RPi1 7.95bx.
    Don't know if this is related, but I've got AAC 5.1. issues as it seems. Passtrough enabled, my Receiver doesn't get center channel and sub at all. Had this once or twice with the 7.9x betas, too. It only affects AAC, AC3 and DTS multichannel are perfectly fine.
    Installed 8 yesterday and still have to check everything, so no logs and maybe it's a Kodi Krypton thing at all.

Kind Regards, ladies!

• I'm using TosLink Passthrough from TV to AVR, so I have to use 2 channels (TosLink limitation) in Audio settings on RPi... but DTS, DD, ... compress multichannel in 2 channels, so my AVR recognises those streams as it should. You could try with that as well...

• For the records, I've found the solution.

It was because of Hardware acceleration OMXPlayer that was enabled.

After disabled, it works fine.

I had this option enabled in Openelec with no issue but seems we don't have to put with Libreelec