Rpi3 slowdown

• Hi all,

First time poster, be gentle!

I am delighted with Librelec on my Raspberry Pi 3, but recently I've noticed a bit more loading than usual when trying to start a film - namely, I now see a spinning wheel. There used to be a slight delay of course, but never the spinning wheel.

I was wondering what the most likely reasons for this could be - could it be affected by something like the number of films I have, perchance? That's the only change I can think of that's happened since around the time it started happening.

Debating if I need to switch to an NUC or something along those lines.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by s_busby_uk (February 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM).

• Where are the films located relative to the RPi? E.g. on a plugged in USB drive or via a samba share on your network? If on your network is it hard wired by ethernet cable or over wifi?

If over wifi that could be your issue in that it is taking longer for the file to stream to Kodi. You could try putting a film on a USB drive, plugging it in and see if that loads instantly. And if you are using wifi you could try rebooting your router.

• Yes sorry, I should have specified - films are stored on a samba share on the network.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if i'm connecting by wifi or cable at the moment - I recently had to fix a problem with my cat5 wall socket so it might be that I didn't plug the cable back in. Will check when I get home!

Thanks