Odroid C2. Jerky mpeg-2

• Hi,

I've been happily using LE with 3 RPi2s for a while now with the Milhouse testbuilds. v8.0 works great with them too. I'm trying out an Odroid C2 to replace one of them and have an issue playing any 59.94Hz MKVs containing SD mpeg-2 content.

Specifically, when I play these types of files, the playback is continuously very jerky (with H/W decoding) or occasionally "blurry" (with S/W decode). With H/W decoding on, it appears like the video is speeding up and slowing down repetitively every second. It's most noticeable when there should be something moving smoothly on the screen. Here is a debug log with H/W decoding:
    QSNV (it's just the start of The Matrix. the WB logo should move away slowly and smoothly, but it is jerky.)

Here is a debug log from an RPi2 (same physical connections/AVR/Projector as with the C2. RPi2 has the H/W decoding license and is using MMAL):
    cTQF (WB logo nice and smooth)

I have "sync playback to display" disabled, and "Adjust Refresh Rate" to "On Start/Stop" on both the RPi2 and the C2.

In System Settings/Display, the RPi2 lists many refresh rates available (23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, and 60) but the C2 only lists (24, 30, 50, and 60)

Is there some setting I'm missing for the C2 or is this just something that still needs to get fixed as AML development is still a work in progress?

Edited once, last by doug (February 23, 2017 at 7:11 PM).