[BUG] DTS HD MASTER fails on NEXBOX A95X (S905X) on USB

• I'm running LibreElec 8.0.0b on the A95X box from USB drive. I fail to get DTS-HD MASTER passthrough audio from the box.

This is a new box, so a new installation.

Dolby TrueHD works fine. DTS as well. If I disable passthrough I get 7.1 PCM successfully.
    If I reenable passthrough, the receiver sometimes locks on correctly to the DTS-HD signal, but if I skip forward a few seconds the signal is lost again.

I tried replacing the cables but the results are the same.

I've tried the gxl_p212_2g.dtb and the default dtb on the image. Same results.

LibreElec on PC plays DTS-HD MASTER audio fine.

Any ideas?

Edited once, last by maoravni (February 22, 2017 at 7:48 PM).

• Thanks for the replies.

I tried again using TF instead of USB DOK. Plain vanilla, nothing done to the image. Out-of-box DTB.

Configured the audio passthrough, defined a folder for the video files, played back a file. DTS-HD MA works fine.

Tried again, same procedure, on the same USB DOK. Plain vanilla, etc.

Same configuration. DTS-HD MA doesn't work.

• DTS-HD MA works with my setup with S905 (see signature). The S905X box will arrive on Friday, but I am sure it will work, too.

What avr are you using? What are your test files?

Please note that there might be some incompatibilities between some avrs and the way kodi signals dts-hd formats. With my receiver, DTS-HD HRA 7.1 is not correctly recognized by my avr. This is a kodi/avr problem and happens with an x86/Windows 10 box as well. See DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?

• DTS-HD MA works with my setup with S905 (see signature). The S905X box will arrive on Friday, but I am sure it will work, too.

What avr are you using? What are your test files?

Please note that there might be some incompatibilities between some avrs and the way kodi signals dts-hd formats. With my receiver, DTS-HD HRA 7.1 is not correctly recognized by my avr. This is a kodi/avr problem and happens with an x86/Windows 10 box as well. See DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?

As I wrote earlier, the problem seems to be occuring only when booting from USB DOK. DTS works fine when booting from TF card.