Need to Autostart playlist on boot and loop list PI3

• I need to have a set of audio files or playlist start to play on boot. They need to loop until my PI3 is powered down. I have installed autostart partymode but of course it does not have a loop feature. There are autoexec.py scripts but I'm having trouble with the location of placement for that file.

At this point the audio files are held on a USB stick in my Rapsberry PI

Newest version of LibreELEC is installed on PI3

ABrescia

• Thanks for the pointer ( use to working in windows) so I'm still finding my way around. The script I'm using is

import xbmc
    xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/playlists/music/All.m3u)" )
    xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(repeat)" )

Which of course is not working yet. I changed the path but no luck yet. I'm assuming the /All.m3u) is telling it to play all playlists in the folder. Do I need to name the only playlist there ?

import xbmc
    xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/All.m3u)" )
    [hr]
    Working !! I renamed my playlist to All.m3u and it plays on startup and loops. Thanks again for the help.

Andy B.

Edited once, last by ABrescia (February 14, 2017 at 2:04 AM).

• Spoke a little too soon. The playlist starts to play on the first audio file and then continues to loop on the first track. It never moves on to the remaining files. The loop / repeat button on the player has the triangle symbol on it. The play starts off minimized on the home screen. It is when I click on Full screen that I noticed the loop button had the "play" symbol on it. If I wait till the first track is finished and playing again and then go to full screen for the player, the loop button has the number 1 on it.

The player behavior is differn't on loop or repeat depending on weather it is full screen. If I full screen the player when the first track has started , then the entire playlist loops as desired. Unless I am missing a setting, should I have something in my autoexec script to open the player fullscreen on start ?

Andy B.
    [hr]
    I think it is resolved, again ! I moved the line in autoexec.py

to the first position before the path to the play list. It now seems to loop the play list even when the OSD is minimized on the Home screen.

Andy B.

Edited once, last by ABrescia (February 14, 2017 at 1:29 PM).

• Created a new PI3 image from LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.2 for a new video display project to play video files. Created a new autoexec.py

import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/playlists/video/ALL.m3u)" )

placed it in /storage/.kodi/userdata/autoexec.py Saved a play list called ALL.m3u

I can play the playlist manually but when the PI boots up nothing happens. No errors of any kind , just goes to the main home screen. It is as if the autoexec is not running or cannot find the playlist.