audacity + streamripper + cron

• Hi,

I currently run openSUSE 13.2 on my Kodi based HTPC. I am considering installing LibreELEC onto a new SSD, and am curious about the possibility of a couple addition functions:

• I also use my HTPC to record vinyl albums using Audacity.
    • And I record radio streams using streamripper.

Can this functionality be added to LE? I could give a try at building binary addons myself, if there was a resource to guide me in doing so ...

I would not need a desktop environment to use Audacity, since this can be accomplished with ssh X redirect. And streamripper is cli only (for my usage).

Lastly, I use cron to schedule wakeup and shutdown events. Is this also possible with LE?

Kind Regards,

Edited once, last by ransur0t (June 8, 2016 at 12:52 AM).

• Anything is possible, though it looks like quite a few dependencies would be needed to build audacity.

cron is available in LibreELEC.

Cool, good to know. I had thought cron would be available.

How would one go about building audacity and streamripper packages for LibreELEC?

Thanks,

• You would have to make packages for them and all their dependencies then build them using the build system. IMO it's not worth it especially if you don't really know what you are doing.

Just use a seperate PC for ripping your vinyls or dualboot.

I have built packages from source, along with building android roms. Not sure though if it is worth the time, considering a full linux distro has the required functionality out of the box ...

Thx