Composite Video on a Raspberry Pi 3

• You can disregard this posting. I found that the cable I was using was miswired. The description on the Amazon Website was correct for the Raspberry Pi but the cable I received had the video and ground conductors reversed! Be wary of any cables manufactured by HDE.

I am attempting an installation of LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi 3, Model B. I have tried both version 7.0.3 (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.3.img.gz) and 7.95.2 (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.95.2.img.gz). Each was installed using the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin software.

Both installations appear to boot and I get some audio effects when hitting the USB-attached keyboard's arrow keys, for example. I see the red power LED on the Raspberry Pi with occasional flashes of the green LED. The network LEDs indicate a good connection there.

In both installations, I have no composite video. There is no HDMI device attached. All my attempts to get the video working have been unsuccessful. The cable appears to be good. (I actually see some crosstalk in the video when the Raspberry Pi emits those tones during boot.)

I have held the shift key down during boot. No video.

I have hit the numeral '4' key during boot. No video.

I edited the SD card's config.txt file on my desktop computer and added these two lines:

Code
    sdtv_mode=0
    hdmi_ignore_hotplug=1

I did not change this commented-out line:

Code
    # hdmi_force_hotplug=1

Still no video.

On a side note, I tried to go in through SSH and that was blocked:

Code
    ssh [email protected]
    ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.43 port 22: Connection refused

I can connect through Samba over the local network in a browser with:

Code
    smb://192.168.1.43/

but that doesn't do much except confirm that the connection is live. I can show the directory structure.

Attempts to connect through PuTTY are also blocked.

The Installing LibreELEC on the RPi page states, "...connect the RPi to your TV and power it on. If all went well you will end up directly at Kodi." What if it doesn't work? Is there a troubleshooting procedure somewhere?

What's the method to get the analog video output to work?

Edited once, last by cmb (February 6, 2017 at 6:44 PM).