Failure to play tvheadend stream on a recording program

• Hi.

I have been having a problem with playing back a live tvheadend stream that happens to be on a currently recording program. Problem has been since moving from V16 kodi to Version: 7.95.1 and now in Version: 7.95.2.

I only see this on my x86_64 on a ZOTAC Nano AD10 E350 APU. My Windows installations and RPi2's are all okay, no issue.

The issue appears whenever I navigate away from a play screen for the recording channel or try and play the channel. An example being the window that pops up, do you want to "start from the beginning" or if I select from the "recently played channels". If I select yes to start from the beginning it tries to play and fails and if I select no it fails. All failure modes sit there with the spinner and eventually the GUI locks up. The only way to recover that I have found is using a hard reboot.

Note, if i play a channel via the TV All channels and then channel up or down to the channel that happens to be recording, everything works fine every time.

While testing for the below debug log I found that it doesn't always happen from a fresh boot, but after a sleep resume cycle it fails.

Pastebin for a fail from a navigate and play via the EPG: 0cY32JWg

The first couple in that log worked, then i resumed and it failed.

EDIT: New pastebin, think I had the wrong logging level. This fail is via the recently played channels.

CDTGvbpE

On another note, often suffering blank screens at restart and resumes. I need to power off or pull the HDMI and replug which recovers it. But i haven't been able to catch in a pastebin as yet. One for another day.

Thanks
    CV8R

Edited once, last by CV8R (February 3, 2017 at 11:29 AM).

• Hi All,

Any guidance on what I can do to resolve this problem of switching to a program currently recording? It is making the system unusable on these X86 KODI clients.

Worth noting that the tvheadend server is not a Libreelec install and servers other clients.

Thanks,

CV8R