Mounting /storage on NFS from cmdline.txt

• There is no root= option,

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that "root=" came w/the distro.

So what exactly should my cmdline.txt be now? I've changed parameters so many times I don't know what it should be now. If I'm still debugging, what do I do when I get the command-line?

• Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that "root=" came w/the distro.

So what exactly should my cmdline.txt be now? I've changed parameters so many times I don't know what it should be now. If I'm still debugging, what do I do when I get the command-line?

It's boot, see LibreELEC.tv/init at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

When you are at the debug shell you can try mounting the storage partition manually to /sysroot, something like

Code
    mount -t nfs 192.168.1.100:/mnt/tank/libreelec/ /sysroot

then just exit by typing

Code
    exit

Then it should continue the boot (maybe)

• N/m about that "root="--that was just a bad copy/paste.

Assuming you mean

Code
    boot=UUID=A5AD-A5ED disk=NFS=192.168.1.105:/mnt/mainhdd break=load_splash debugging ip=dhcp

I gave

Code
    mount -t nfs 192.168.1.105:/mnt/mainhdd /sysroot

it just timed out this time. At least it probably would have, if I didn't think 5 minutes was enough and just cancelled it.

• It looks like the answer to my idea about the root problem on the server side from a couple of weeks ago was 'yes'. I decided to look at it from the server side, and implement the no_root_squash (or whatever) option and finally, I got my Pi to start w/NFS.

Edited once, last by RoccoJones (February 20, 2017 at 10:45 PM).

• Glad you got it sorted. Yes, if you want to mount /storage over NFS then you're going to have to have the files within the exported share owned by root:root (as they would be if the storage were local) otherwise file permissions will break and cause you problems. The obvious consequence of this is that you then need no_root_squash on the export.