Speed and strain: Android vs LibreElec

• Will LibreElec on my Wetek Core & Play 2's NAND be faster and less demanding than the Kodi App + Android OS?

The current arrangement isn't exactly sluggish, but it'd be nice if there was an extra incentive to install LE.

Thanks for your time.

Thomas

• In general yes. You can get a good idea by running LE from a good quality SD card.

From my experience NAND will be slightly faster than SD, but not dramatically so.

• just try it and find out for yourself.

I tried the beta on the Core and was greeted with: can't access tty.....

However, the OpenElec version installed and works just fine. It does appear to be a little quicker and it seems to require less grunt. I'll try again with LE when the stable version is released.

• I tried the beta on the Core and was greeted with: can't access tty.....

However, the OpenElec version installed and works just fine. It does appear to be a little quicker and it seems to require less grunt. I'll try again with LE when the stable version is released.

I use LibreELEC on my wetek core on NAND just fine, perhaps you didn't do the install correctly?

wouldnt bother posting on this forum. Core LibreELEC maintainers only fix what they use and couldn't care less about rest of us

Thanks for the spam. I fix what I can. If you see something that needs fixing feel free to make a PR.

• I use LibreELEC on my wetek core on NAND just fine, perhaps you didn't do the install correctly?

Thanks for the spam. I fix what I can. If you see something that needs fixing feel free to make a PR.

The install problem might have been my fault. The SD card was an old class 4 and could be a bit dodgy. I used a class 10 for OE. I'll try again with a better card.

And I don't believe that you "couldn't care less....." that's why I donated to LibreElec.