Blank screen in PVR when activate Passthtough

• Hi,

I'm on libreelec 7.95.1 beta, I'm using a raspberry 2/3 with a sony AVR and TV. I use TV headend server 4.1 from a docker armhf image.

Everything is ok for playing films in full hd with passthrought activated. But when I want to see tv and if passtrough is activated, I've got a blank screen and no sound. My sony AVR can decode AC3, EAC3 (dolby digital +) , DTS, DTS HD and master. I use OMX decoder.

If I try mmal decoder it's ok but not usable as there is some jitters and desync with audio.

Does someone have the same problem, How post an issue ?

Gilles.

• Any reason you don't use the TVHeadend server which is available at the LE repo?

Hi DaVu,

Sorry for my late answer. Reasons are multiple, the first I want to see how work docker on a raspberry pi, and the second is that it's easier for me to work with command line to help my friend remotly who have got libreelec and raspberry pi.

I'm an old user of xmbc then kodi on pc then openelec on raspberry and now libreelec on rpi too !

From my own experience, using an avr in passthrough is more difficult than directly using tv. From my own test with different pi in my home, using passthrough for this version is a problem even if docker is using.

Do you have a clue or a suggestion for my problem ?

• We have a "know working" TVHeadend version at our repo. So, I understand your point, but if some TVH version withing some docker downloaded from somewhere doesn't work, we can't help much, I guess. So my advice would be to test with that version we ship and see if the issue still exists. If yes, then we might work on that addon itself and probably CvH might have a look. If not, then you know where the issue comes from ;)

• I don't think this is an issue with tvheadend and docker, but I will use tvheadend from your repository and will see if there is a difference. So, I will do that and tell you what happened.
    Hope it will work as libreelec is a very cool project. :)

• Hi,

Sorry for this long time. Bad news, I have installed tvheadend server from libreelec repository, redo my confirguration and same thing. So docker isn't a problem. I stay with the tvheadend server until this issue is solved.

What I have to do to investigate more and see if this is a bug ?

Cheers,

Gilles.

edit: some more informations ifg I activate passthrough.

Edited once, last by Sellig28 (January 23, 2017 at 3:06 PM).

• Do you have the same issue with recordings from tvheadend? If so then a sample file may be useful.
    Otherwise post a debug enabled kodi log.

HI popcornmix,

I think I find an explanation of the problem and a solution with krypton version.

I search a lot but don't see this thread: Audio Passthrough on LiveTV

I think it's exactly my problem.

I try to setup audio to 5.1 let passthrough on and add option transcode ac3.

The result is a working livetv with PCM audio format instead dolby eac3 and my films stay decode by my AVR in DTS or DOLBY DIGITAL.

I was hoping using my AVR all the time but it' seems it's not possible.

I think there isn't a better solution, no ?

Cheers,

Gilles.