Asrock beebox bluetooth adapter support?

• Hy, I have asrock beebox mini pc with intel Braswell, ac wifi, and Bluetooth supplied, but libreelec isn't see bt adapter.
    Is any hope for make it work?

Thanks

• Same problem here!

Bluetooth on my Asrock Beebox (Intel Braswell) was working fine on OpenElec.

Now, the LibreElec settings section in Kodi claims no Bluetooth adapter can be found or Bluetooth is disabled.

When looking at the "dmesg" log, it does look like at least some Bluetooth-related modules are loaded:

[ 14.063072] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
    [ 14.063079] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
    [ 14.063082] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
    [ 14.063092] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
    [ 14.069322] usbcore: registered new interface driver btusb

Libreelec version: LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA, but also 7.0.2

Link to logs pastebin: UODB (also attached a copy to this post)

• Last night, I had to boot my Beebox using a USB stick with Ubuntu on it, in order to make the system partition bigger. My partitioning still is from an earlier OpenElec release and the upgrade to the latest LibreElec Krypton alpha (.009) from .008 failed because system partition was too small.

While in Ubuntu, I thought about the Blueooth support and gave it a try. Bluetooth worked out of the box! Looking in the "dmesg" log, I found the following Bluetooth-related messages:

It turns out, the Bluetooth adapter in the Beebox does need additional 'firmware' to be loaded. Also, it turns out that the LibreElec system image already contains the firmware: /lib/firmware/rtl_bt/rtl8821a_fw.bin

So clearly, the problem has to lie somewhere in the device not being recognized correctly in LibreElec, either because a kernel module might be missing or not be loaded automatically. Now to find out which one it is......

• It appears that the bluetooth device is not up after booting.

A temporary solution is to connect to the beebox with ssh and type this:

Code
    hciconfig hci0 up

A permanent solution is to add a udev rule:

Code
    echo 'ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="hci0", RUN+="/usr/bin/hciconfig hci0 up"' >> /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/10-local.rules

and reboot.

I am currently building LE with some changes and will make a PR if it works fine.

Edited once, last by ozolli (January 31, 2017 at 2:32 PM).

• Unfortunately, that does not work:

Code
    # hciconfig hci0 up
    Can't get device info: No such device

So the Bluetooth adapter is not even registered as a HCI device :(

Under OpenElec, Ubuntu and builds from Index of /builds/master/Generic/ , Bluetooth support works perfectly!

But those Milhouse builds are a little too "alpha" for me (already based on KODI 18 builds :P ).

• ozolli:

Somehow I missed a notification on a new post in this thread and I also have been occupied by construction work in my house, the past 2 months.

In my memory, hciconfig -a did not return anything on my box, but I should have some time tonight to check.

• Well, it works on my Beebox N3150...
    What is the output of

Code
    hciconfig -a

Something else than hci0 ?

Nope, no dice.

"hciconfig -a" returns nothing at all.

Trying to bring up anything from hci0 up to hci10 gives " no such devices" . When I boot into Ubuntu or any other recently modern Linux distro, Instant Bluetooth!

By the way, also took the opportunity to upgrade to 8.0.1, still no dice. :@

Edited once, last by eymey (April 10, 2017 at 10:02 PM).