Mediaportal Client setup issues

• Hello,

I have planned to substitue one of my Windows-based Kodi MediaPortal PVR clients, mainly used for "Live TV",
    with a LibreELEC Kodi client, running on a Raspberry Pi, but unfortunately I can't get the client running,
    even if I have quite some experience with Kodi and MediaPortal in general already.

I searched via google and on this forum for a solution, but I couldn't find any useful info.
    I hope somebody can help me with this.

The backend is a MediaPortal 2 Server running on Windows 10.
    All working clients are also running on Windows 10, using Kodi 16.1 (and the matching Mediaportal PVR client 1.13.6).
    The new Raspi client is running on LibreELEC 7.0.3, having the same Kodi (and Mediaportal PVR client) release, freshly installed via NOOBS 2.1.0.

I configured the MediaPortal PVR client on the LibreELEC box with exactly the same settings as all other clients and enabled TV in the Kodi settings.
    (Backend IP address, SMB User/Password, TV Channel Import Group, streaming method TSReader)

The first strange thing here for me is that "TV" is not even showing up in the Confluence Main Menu after doing this.
    No "popup" in the upper left corner, showing that EPG is updated or at least that something is trying to do the same.
    On Windows this shows up at least, even if the connecting to the Mediaportal Backend is not working without any issues,
    but maybe this is just normal behavior for LibreELEC in such situations?

After that I get recurring Addon messages from the MediaPortal PVR client in Kodi, telling that the connection was lost,
    that I know from my Windows clients, usually it's a clear sign that the backend connection is not working,
    but I can't see any corresponding error in the kodi debug log around this timestamp, just:

Code
    20:11:18 2791.090820 T:1766585248    INFO: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Mediaportal pvr addon 1.13.6 connecting to 198.168.1.123:9596

(besides other AddonLog entries, retrieving settings, etc., not concerning any errors)

The other thing which is not clear to me if this has could also have something to do with the MPEG2 license, which is still missing in my case at this point.
    See for details:
    Raspberry Pi FAQ - LibreELEC
    But as far as I understand the "TV" option should at least show up in the Main Menu, even if this is missing, just the actual playback of the stream should be affected.
    There are also no errors regarding a missing license or similar in the Kodi debug log.
    Is this normal?

I tried switching between TSReader and ffmpeg in the MediaPortal PVR addon settings, too, partly because of this, but no change either.
    (both work on my other clients)
    I also tried switching from german (which was installed after the initial setup) back to english, as kind of a a last resort, but this didn't help either...

When I click on channel management in the Kodi TV settings, strangely nothing happens.
    Clearing data (Channel or EPG) leads to a system freeze for 1-2 minutes, with the status bar stuck at 10%.
    The same happens when enabling or disabling TV in general.

The only useful thing I could find in the debug log was the following, after clearing data was (besides entires showing that the cleanup actually happened..):

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
    Moe

Edited once, last by Moe (January 7, 2017 at 8:39 PM).

• Hello!

I had MePo (v1.02 to v1.5) runing for about 3-4 years with 2 Mepoclients. By that time the MePo TVServer needed a plugin for Kodi/XBMC. I finally got it working but never reliable.

I played around with mythtv, yadvr and Kodi (xbmc in the past) on ubuntu later with OpenElec 3/4.x as client, MePo as Backend wich wasn't quite stable and zapping was slow. I tried Argus TVserver also bought DVBviewer, non was working well in my opinion. After a short periode with ubuntu and VDR I finally ended up with TvHeadend on Ubuntu/OpenElec. By now I am using my main Libreelec client as TVserver another PC and a Pi2 as well a Tab as clients. On the tab I am using the TVH APP for live TV.

Regards
    Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (January 10, 2017 at 3:47 AM).