Better 4K image using zoom 1.01 on Nexbox A95X

• I've got an A95X and was messing around with the zoom playing 4K videos and found that pausing the vid and going to the video icon and changing zoom to 1.01 made the image razor sharp, changing back to 1.00 put a slight blur over the whole image.

Does this happen to anyone else?

It might just be me as I'm using a 1080p TV, just thought I'd mention it :)

• No one tried this yet? Would be interesting to know if the tweak works on other amlogic boxes or on 4K TV's also whether there's something else causing it to be blurred in lebreelec at the default zoom.
    I'm using libreelec version 7.0.3.010
    It's a big increase in image quality (see below)
    4K video was downloaded from youtube using 4K video downloader.

• No one tried this yet? Would be interesting to know if the tweak works on other amlogic boxes or on 4K TV's also whether there's something else causing it to be blurred in lebreelec at the default zoom.
    I'm using libreelec version 7.0.3.010
    It's a big increase in image quality (see below)
    4K video was downloaded from youtube using 4K video downloader.

A better question would be if there is a script you could run automagically to trigger this. Unfortunately I don't have that answer..

• Using version 7.0.2.008 on Nexbox A95X 2/16. And i just tried it with out any increse in image quality.

[hr]
    Hmmm might just be my TV then.
    I can set it to always use zoom 1.01 as default for all movies which I have done, it doesn't seem to affect the quality of 1080p movies so I'm happy leaving it at 1.01.

Edited once, last by Mazert (January 6, 2017 at 6:09 PM).

• Well Rechargelegend has the same box as me (although using different libeelec version) and it doesn't work on theirs so i'm not sure what's causing it.
    I've got 3 panasonic plasmas ranging from 2-9 years old and it's the same on them all. I've not changed any other video settings in libreelec.
    Might just be the version of libreelec i'm using or more likely panasonic plasmas.