A95X DTS HD not working / Gigabit ethernet

• Hi, Just bought an a95x nexbox and put libreelec 7.0.3.010 build on it and when setting passthrough and playing DTS-HD and TRUE-HD test files I get no audio.
    Everything else works fine. I can't remember if I copied the tree file over when installing it, would that make the HD audio not work?

Also when playing Tears of Steel 4K (6.5GB 12 Minutes long) from NAS over ethernet I get stuttering, it plays fine from usb stick.
    So do these TV boxes only have 10/100 ethernet ports? Bit of a disappointment is so.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by Mazert (December 18, 2016 at 4:17 PM).

• Hi, Just bought an a95x nexbox and put libreelec 7.0.3.010 build on it and when setting passthrough and playing DTS-HD and TRUE-HD test files I get no audio.
    Everything else works fine. I can't remember if I copied the tree file over when installing it, would that make the HD audio not work?

Also when playing Tears of Steel 4K (6.5GB 12 Minutes long) from NAS over ethernet I get stuttering, it plays fine from usb stick.
    So do these TV boxes only have 10/100 ethernet ports? Bit of a disappointment is so.

Thanks.

What device are you trying to play DTS-HD and True-HD on? Your AVR/TV must support decoding those types of streams if you have those options set.

And yes, most all of these boxes only support 10/100 ethernet. Although, AFAIK that should be plenty for 4K if your network is functioning properly.

• Sorry about no log, thought the answer would definitely be because I probably didn't copy the device tree file over.
    Not at home now but it's connected to a panny bluray all in one cinema system that's got dtshd and true hd logos on so I assume it can decode them (unless it can only decode from a bluray disc and not through hdmi in)

The 4k tears of steel stream is an smb share from a Synology nas with gigabit ethernet connected to gigabit switch and A95x is connected to that.

A 2 hour movie with that bit rate would be about 65GB so its nearing the 10MBs limit of 100mbps ethernet.

I know most 4k content won't be that high bit tate, just surprised they don't put gigabit ethernet on everything now.

Thanks.

• My all-in-one LG home cinema can only decode HD Audio from BluRays but not from HDMI In. If you login over SSH to your LE box you can see which formats are reported as supported in EDID by typing cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/aud_cap.

All S905X I've seen have only 100Mbps Ethernet because it's cheaper: 100Mbps Ethernet PHY is built-in S905X. For 1Gbps Ethernet vendor would have to add an external Ethernet PHY.