RTL8723BS WIFI not working in Intel HDMI Stick (version 1, Atom: STCK1A32WFC)

• Hi everyone, I've been fighting to set up my Intel Compute Stick with a Kodi bootable system; it comes preinstalled with Windows 8.1 (and runs W10 too) but I want something leaner.

I've been able to setup Openelec (and then LibreElec 7.0.0) in its onboard storage and it runs with a very good performance, the problem is, that it won't accept the onboard WIFI board (Realtek RTL8723BS afaik).

Thus far, I've been able to set it up and test it by either using a USB hub for the setup (with keyboard/wifi dongles) and then once installed with a RTL8192CU dongle, but the thing is.. The stick has only a single USB port (the old stick at least, they corrected that in the new version) and I'm trying to avoid the hub as it adds extra bulk.

So, my question is: can I add RTL8723BS driver somehow to the LibreElec installation? I know the Openelec image is closed, but I was hoping there would be some "not so difficult" way to do it in LibreElec (i.e. without recompiling the whole thing).

Thanks a lot! I bet this might be useful for other people as well with these sticks out there.