[SOLVED] Horrible Audio Sync Issues with Bluetooth headphones

• EDIT: So solved means I solved the mystery of what is causing the problem. I don't however have a solution or know of one yet. The WIFI is causing the issue, if I disable the adapter and use the ether net no sync issues. I did read about this 6+ months ago, figured it had been fixed. Maybe someone else has info regarding this.

I am not sure this is the right area, i have tried searching but with no luck.

I am running a raspberry pi 3 with LibreELEC (official) Version 7.0.2 and Kodi. I have LG HBS730 Bluetooth head phones that i use. After inital pairing they always connect. I get audio through them but the delay is a good 1-2 seconds. It happens during live tv, or recorded tv, or videos locally on the device. Even the menu sounds is very delayed.

I have a raspberry pi3 hooked to a donor laptop screen and hung on a wall in front of my treadmill , so i use it while running and catch up on shows.

I am not sure where to start to troubleshoot. Any logs i should look at?

Thanks

Chrsdrshm

Edited once, last by chrsdrshm (January 9, 2017 at 1:59 AM).

• Depends

It's possible that the bluetooth headphones don't accept the audio type that is being sent so pulseaudio has to transcode/resample the audio to a different format.

Check the sample rate of the audio, check the possible sample rates accepted by the headphones. This can be done using kodi. After the headphones are paired, use an ssh session and restart kodi, then try and play a file, and then get a debug log.

• So solved means I solved the mystery of what is causing the problem. I don't however have a solution or know of one yet. The WIFI is causing the issue, if I disable the adapter and use the ether net no sync issues. I did read about this 6+ months ago, figured it had been fixed. Maybe someone else has info regarding this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• That's no surprise. Both Bluetooth and WiFi use the 2.4 Ghz band, they will interfere with each other and so have to take turns in transmitting their data. This will increase latency quite a bit. Especially if you use the built-in WiFi and BT of the PI3, as both have to share the same antenna. Use Ethernet, or if you must use WiFi get an additional adapter that supports the 5Ghz band and use this instead of the 2.4 Ghz band (your AP/Router obviously also needs to support 5Ghz band).

• That's no surprise. Both Bluetooth and WiFi use the 2.4 Ghz band, they will interfere with each other and so have to take turns in transmitting their data. This will increase latency quite a bit. Especially if you use the built-in WiFi and BT of the PI3, as both have to share the same antenna. Use Ethernet, or if you must use WiFi get an additional adapter that supports the 5Ghz band and use this instead of the 2.4 Ghz band (your AP/Router obviously also needs to support 5Ghz band).

Yea, this makes the most sense, didn't realize till after i bought it that the PI3 didn't support 5ghz... was bummed..... any adapter recommendations?

• Yea, this makes the most sense, didn't realize till after i bought it that the PI3 didn't support 5ghz... was bummed..... any adapter recommendations?

I have given up on WiFi a while ago, so I can't really recommend anything there.

I now use Powerline adapters for rooms I currently have no direct Ethernet cabling in. If you want to go that route, I'm currently using the DHP-701 Rev. C adapters from D-Link and they do work nicely.

Edited once, last by Grimson (January 9, 2017 at 5:21 PM).

• I have given up on WiFi a while ago, so I can't really recommend anything there.

I now use Powerline adapters for rooms I currently have no direct Ethernet cabling in. If you want to go that route, I'm currently using the DHP-701 Rev. C adapters from D-Link and they do work nicely.

I would rather use wired, but my ethernet jack is on the opposite room I need it. I can't complain about my wireless, it serves me well with good speeds, I run a full Meraki network. The dongles don't seem to be too bad cost wise so I'll just give one a shot. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with your new Bluetooth headphones. It can certainly get frustrating if the audio gets out of sync when using the headphones. I recommend reviewing the sections titled "Resolution" and "Bluetooth disconnects, intermittent connectivity, or unable to find" in the following article for steps to troubleshoot the issue you described:

iPad Service Center In Chennai