Set Chromium keyboard layout to LibreELEC layout?

• My LibreELEC setups are set to an AZERTY keyboard layout, but the Chromium add-on does not pick up on this. Is there a way to have Chromium honour the keyboard layout used in Kodi?

It's been a while since I logged into the system directly (I think the SSH client's locale etc. override the server's when you connect over SSH?), but I recall it being AZERTY on the command line as well.

Thanks

• Official Post

I can look into this, maybe there is an easy solution, but for now you should be able to

edit /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chromium/bin/chromium
    change the line

Code
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGL.so /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chromium/bin/chromium.bin \

to

Code
    LANG=en_US.utf8 LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGL.so /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chromium/bin/chromium.bin \

where LANG is which locale you want.

Edited once, last by lrusak (May 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM).

• There might be an easier solution as I have burned my fingers with that big time a couple of days ago... :)

There are two types of settings:

(1) Within the LibreELEC settings: Those are the settings for the "operating system" and apply to an external keyboard, i.e. one that is connected to your HTPC via USB.
    (2) Within the regional Kodi settings: This is just(!) for the layout of the on-screen keyboard and has nothing to do with (1).

If you keep changing (2) but wondering why your external keyboard is simply not functioning as it should (which is exactly what I did for several DAYS), you might want to look at (1) instead... ;)

Good luck!