Radxa X4

• Posts edited to remove all the advertorial content. The second post was completely unnecessary so deleted.

In terms of thoughts, it looks interesting: decent overall specs although most users will want emmc flash onboard which is promised but not shipping yet. There is one outstanding DRM bug affecting N100 devices that Intel devs are being rather slow at, but overall it should require nothing to be supported with LE.

• Posts edited to remove all the advertorial content. The second post was completely unnecessary so deleted.

In terms of thoughts, it looks interesting: decent overall specs although most users will want emmc flash onboard which is promised but not shipping yet. There is one outstanding DRM bug affecting N100 devices that Intel devs are being rather slow at, but overall it should require nothing to be supported with LE.

thanks chewitt, how do you think it compares to the competition. at this price point what is better? if you just want to run LE

• The obvious alternative is RPi5, which is technically inferior to half the devices out there, but "just works" reliably with no fuss and does all the things I need it to do. Different users have different needs for "Just running LE" though, so what works great for me might be a heretical suggestion to others.

How does it compare? .. fcuk knows. I only learned of the Radxa X4's existence an hour ago, and I generally avoid offering opinions on things that I haven't used.

• Code
    - Do not post or promote external URL links to products, a name description is enough
    - Companies who create "advertorial" postings for their products in our forum are not welcome

MediPi Your enthusiam for the Radxa X4 is noted. However this forum isn't interested in hosting full-page adverts for products and this has already been pointed out when I've deleted the advertorial content in two posts to this thread. If you want to ask in the N100 thread if anyone has an opinion on the device, you are welcome to do so. However if asking involves you posting another full page advert for the product at the same time the post is going to be deleted (again). And if I need to delete a fourth post I'm going to assume you are working for Radxa to promote the product and your account will be banned (final warning). NB: We are happy to have Radxa staff active in our forum; as long as the accounts are tagged (and they stick to support not promotion).

• Code
    - Do not post or promote external URL links to products, a name description is enough
    - Companies who create "advertorial" postings for their products in our forum are not welcome

MediPi Your enthusiam for the Radxa X4 is noted. However this forum isn't interested in hosting full-page adverts for products and this has already been pointed out when I've deleted the advertorial content in two posts to this thread. If you want to ask in the N100 thread if anyone has an opinion on the device, you are welcome to do so. However if asking involves you posting another full page advert for the product at the same time the post is going to be deleted (again). And if I need to delete a fourth post I'm going to assume you are working for Radxa to promote the product and your account will be banned (final warning). NB: We are happy to have Radxa staff active in our forum; as long as the accounts are tagged (and they stick to support not promotion).

I've spoken to you before , long time ago, your name seems familiar, I've also got an account with kodi forumns

I think you were on openelec forumns. I am not part of Radxa team, I don't even own anything other than Odroid N2+, I just wanted to see what a good upgrade could be

I now understand your rules, I don't understand why you are so restrictive? I've posted details on how to buy, how else are users who might be interested in the board going to know where to buy? I've also posted this on kodi forumns. coreelec forumns, none have objected in any way so I'm just confused why libreelec is doing so. doesn't matter I'm not in need for a new hardware till maybe 2026, just found this and wanted people talking about it and maybe I can pick one up in a few years. peace

• Our forum is regularly targetted for product placement posts and although they are caught by moderation (and thus you don't see them) it's a chore and staff would rather help with an issue than deal with user-generated makework. The reason we exorcise those kind of posts is .. the more you allow, the more you're targetted. Kodi has a much larger moderation team and it's up to them to set their own rules, and CE can similarly do whatever it likes; but they don't support x86_64 hardware so not much point.

You're welcome to post a simple link to the Radxa product page. I've already edited the original post to leave only the link to the CNX review, which being a formal product review, has a ton of info. Reposting the entire review or the entire product page; not welcome.