RPi3B+ and 1080p H265 files

So you mean I just can't use my uSD card directly using Imager and I need to prepare the card first, to flash it via gparted in FAT 32 ? But do I need to make different partitions in FAT 32 on the sd card ?

No - I mean that you said you hadn't flashed it. Raspberry Pi imager and Balena Etcher both flash micro SD cards - I was trying to clarify what you had done if you hadn't flashed it. Flashing = writing the img.gz file to the uSD card using an imager program. If you used Pi Imager and manually selected the downloaded img.gz file with no customisation you've done the same thing as me.

I din't try any other uSD card because I really didn't have a clue it could work with a software and not working with another one. And I don't have any other uSD card. Is there one size and constructor that is better ? So I can buy one to see if it works best.

uSD cards can fail in many ways - it's just a normal troubleshooting step. There are very few things that can go wrong - but the uSD card is one of them.

I always use Samsung EVO cards - seldom had an issue with them. As for size - it depends what you want to store on the uSD card. If your media is on external drives and you just want to keep your library on your uSD card - then 32GB or 64GB is probably fine. I buy the 64GB and 128GB these days in the Pis I still use uSD cards with (I've got Pi 5s running NVME SSDs on M.2 hats)

Using linux without beeing a geek, it's too complicate for me to install balenaEtcher since they don't have a .deb file for it.

Do you only have Linux computers?

• No - I mean that you said you hadn't flashed it. Raspberry Pi imager and Balena Etcher both flash micro SD cards - I was trying to clarify what you had done if you hadn't flashed it. Flashing = writing the img.gz file to the uSD card using an imager program. If you used Pi Imager and manually selected the downloaded img.gz file with no customisation you've done the same thing as me.

Yes that's what I've done.

uSD cards can fail in many ways - it's just a normal troubleshooting step. There are very few things that can go wrong - but the uSD card is one of them.

I always use Samsung EVO cards - seldom had an issue with them. As for size - it depends what you want to store on the uSD card. If your media is on external drives and you just want to keep your library on your uSD card - then 32GB or 64GB is probably fine. I buy the 64GB and 128GB these days in the Pis I still use uSD cards with (I've got Pi 5s running NVME SSDs on M.2 hats)

Ok 'I'll try that or another one depending what I find.

Do you only have Linux computers?

Yes

• You can install LE 9.2.6 directly with PINN, just choose "LibreELEC_RPi2_926" in the Media tab - LibreELEC_RPi2 is the current 12.0.0 version

Make sure your PINN is up to date - see here https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=142574

I just did a quick test, installed PINN 3.9.2 with rpi-imager (it's in the Misc Utils section) to a separate SD card, booted it on my RPi 3B+, installed LibreELEC_RPi2_926 via PINN and had a working LE 9.2.6 within 2 minutes.

so long,

Hias

• I had installed the LibreELEC_RPi2_926 by inadvertence the first time (I didn't know it was an older version of LE) and it didn't work. Nothing happened. I tried today by the method you told me with the LE version up to date but still nothing ! Or the other LE version on Pinn is working.

It seems it could really be a problem of the uSD card. I will try another one and let you know next week.

Thanks for helping all of you !

Edited once, last by Seth (August 24, 2024 at 7:21 PM).

• It seems it was not the uSD card ! :( I bought a samsung Evo uSD card 64 GB but the problem is still the same. I fail to install an older version of LE trough PINN or directly with the LE image ! Very strange problem !

I give up...