hauppauge wintv-dual hd - only see one tuner

• thanks a lot!

It is compiling right now.

Just a question : is the only difference from this patch and the first one in your post #24 the fact that the last add support of ATSC? Or does it include any other improvement?

Thanks again.

• Looking at Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder/patches/ubuntu-zesty-4.10.0 at master · b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder · GitHub shows the patch was originally designed for ubuntu 4.10.0 - but has a set of patches to media tree runing up to 2017-05-30-04-20 --- if we could possibly match that for LE 8 I can try to compile it again.

Also as an update - I compiled the master branch (LE 9) with the patch and it finished. It showed the 2 tuners in tvh, but they wouldn't actually tune to any services...so there may be some other patches needed. Of course, could just be alpha issues...so I'm happy to build and test the LE 8 version.

Thanks again CvH for your help!

One more update - it actually looks like Puffin Chunks adapted the ptach for the older kernel. If we try just this version hauppage_winTV_dualHD_DVB_PuffinChunks_4.9.y.diff - Google Drive on the LE 8 build - it may work.

------oops - that patch isn't formatted for our builds. :(

Edited 2 times, last by edit4ever (June 19, 2017 at 3:17 PM).

• OK - changed the media_build to PKG_VERSION="2017-04-17-rpi" and compiled the LE 8 temp_mb-haup with only the add linux-229.1-em28xx-Hauppauge-DualHD-DVB-ATSC-second-tuner-suppor.patch - bingo - both ATSC tuners showing and working. I'm guessing the LE 9 issues are with other parts of the build.

Not sure if the other patches will help with stability or other issues - but I can confirm that the single patch will enable the two tuners of the wintv-dualHD on LE 8!! Thank you CvH for your help.

Hopefully this can be added in to the mainline of the LE builds so others can use this available usb dual tuner.

Edited once, last by edit4ever (June 19, 2017 at 10:39 PM).

• OK - will try to monitor the hauppauge engineer's repo...although you should just be able to sync with that for any updates.

If you want - I can compile with the other 4 patches he provided and test.

• As an update to my last post - I recompiled all 5 patches in an LE 8 build and everything looks good. Both tuners show up and are working. Other usb tuners were not impacted. I was just recording 3 streams on 2 usb devices (2 streams on WinTV-DualHD and 1 on a Kworld-435Q) all running an RPi 3 and everything was smooth.

I believe these patches will be good until the driver is added into the mainline linux kernel. :):thumbup:

• As an update to my last post - I recompiled all 5 patches in an LE 8 build and everything looks good. Both tuners show up and are working. Other usb tuners were not impacted. I was just recording 3 streams on 2 usb devices (2 streams on WinTV-DualHD and 1 on a Kworld-435Q) all running an RPi 3 and everything was smooth.

I believe these patches will be good until the driver is added into the mainline linux kernel. :):thumbup:

Awesome edit4ever, sorry I've been gone for the past week. I never got to compile the patch, but it sounds like you have a working build. I'm happy to test it on the RPi3 if it's around. Otherwise I'll wait to see it in an update or maybe try to refresh my git pull and build again.

• If you'd like to test the LE 8 build I'm running - you can download it here:

Clean install: Dropbox - LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170619074247-r25695-g6f53d924a.img

Upgrade: Dropbox - LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170619172032-r25695-g6f53d924a.tar

Good luck!

-- one more thing...I would grab CvH 's latest tvheadend build: http://build.mycvh.de/Tvh-LE8/ ((copy and paste as the link is not displaying correctly)) it fixes an issue with icon names and also fixes the display of the enabled tuners indicators. Working smoothly for me.

Edited 9 times, last by edit4ever (June 25, 2017 at 7:55 PM).

• Thanks CvH - I only see an x86_64 build. Hopefully someone here can test that.

If you would like me to test an 8.2 and patch build for RPi2/3 - happy to. As an FYI, my last build with your LE 8 temp_mb-haup branch is still running great!

• Hi all.

I have been running two of these since LE 7.x and am now on LE 8.02 Generic.x86_64. I am on a DVB-T / DVB-T2 network in the UK. I definitely have the UK version of this adapter (clearly shown on the original packaging).

For me, both tuners have worked fine for DVB-T since (I think) LE8.0, but I do not have any support for DVB-T2 (i.e HD). I have read this thread carefully but cannot find any mention of whether DVB-T2 is expected to work with this hardware on LE 8.02 or not? People seem to be suggesting it does, but nobody has made any clear statement about it either way?

Also, in tvheadend I see three tuners for each adapter, one DVB-T, one DVB-C and one ATSC-C - which can't be right as my version of the hardware does not support ATSC. See attached pic, is this what everyone else is seeing?

Do I just need to be patient and wait for support for this hardware to improve in LE or is my system misbehaving or misconfigured.

I started with a clean install of LE8 and have updated to 8.01 & 8.02 via the standard built-in update procedure. Other than that my system is completely stock.

Thanks for any clues.

• If you have the info to create the mux for the DVB-T2 you could test creating a network/mux for that and assign it to the frontend listed as ATSC-C and see if that works. I believe the DVB-T2 system uses QAM256 so that tuner may be showing up as the ATSC-C frontend (likely an issue with the patch for that).

You can try assigning your current DVB-T network to the ATSC-C tuner and scan the muxes that should be transmitting T2 in your area. You can check that info here: Full service Freeview transmitters | UK Free TV 📺

For example - if you double-click on the Crystal Palace transmitter - you see that the 545.8Mhz, 570.0Mhz and 586.0 should all be T2 signals (listed as DTG-6 on that web page)

If you want, you can create a new network you call DVB-T2...just create it using the DVB-T setup, add the muxes for you region...then delete all the muxes that aren't T-2 and assign it to your differnt frontends and see what happens when you scan.

Of course, I'm in the USA - so I don't know if this will work...but worth a shot!