[Odroid-C2] GXBB / S905 and LE 11.06 or 12 does not boot

• Thanks for the feedback (and credit for the change is for MartinB not myself). The next challenge is to explain why this issue appears now (recently) and not years ago. In other words: what other change has someone done in the (u-boot/kernel) codebase to result in this being required?. Once that's been explained the upstream maintainers can think about pushing a global change to e.g. gxbb/gxl platform .dtsi files (not board level files) to fix the issue everywhere.

In the short term I'll include the patch for C2 and see if it also solves a similar (but older) issue report on WeTek Hub.

• chewitt if I use that test image you provided, will I be able to upgrade to the next release? Will the next release (12.0.2?) contain this patch?

It is also very strange that not everyone has this problem. I wonder if there is a board revision that has the issue?

• if I use that test image you provided, will I be able to upgrade to the next release?

The test image is based on LE13 nightlies and Kodi doesn't support downgrades. If you stop Kodi, remove /storage/.kodi, then update to LE 12.0.2 you'll end up with a working install as we don't touch u-boot (where the test patch was applied) after install.

It might be easiest to stick to LE13 nightlies though. I've been using them (albeit on an RPi5) for months and things are stable. I'm not aware of anything that should be different on AMLGX other than it being AMLGX and thus less reliable than an RPi5 /shrug

I've the same questions about why some users see this and not others. I have a hunch something changed in kernel or u-boot so it affects only new installs beyond a certain (unknown) point. I don't think it's related to board revision, although I know my board is from the last production batch that HK made; C2 was discontinued shortly after HK posted a sample to me.