LibreELEC 12.0 crashes when playing video from network shares

• Streaming video from http sources seems to work fine, I can watch TV streams from my SAT2IP receiver/tvheadend. But when playing video files from my NAS LE12 just crashes w/o any meaningful entry in log. This happens with all media types (ie avi/mp4/mkv), codecs and with SMB as NFS shares.

Music files are working, though.

Back to latest LE11 and all is working again.

• Kodi Omega supports GUI configuration of NFS protocol version (defaults to v4) and chunk size (defaults to 128KB), and similarly the SMB chunk size is exposed (defaults to 128KB). It's possible the defaults are causing issues and you might need to experiment with different values to get things working as before.

• Thanks, I've already seen and set it but no difference.

But I've found out that the MySQL (MariaDB) db migration doesn't complete successfully and LE complained about wrong and/or missing tables (the _view ones). I dumped and killed the old db, let LE12 create the empty/new one and imported the old data into the new db - seems to work fine and NFS and SMB are working again. Looks like the above mentioned issue was a simple database error (incomplete or incorrect migration).

Have to check all other machines now in our house, at least two more, to see if issue is gone and I could close that ticket.

• ...it was a database problrm. Three LE12 instances are now updated and working.
    DB update went from v121 to v131 but has reproducible issues while migrating. Should be worth to open a ticket at Kodi's forum...

• The database problem in detail were duplicate entries in table movie/idFile which prevented a full upgrade of the old database.

For anybody having similar issues while upgrading LE: A simple SQL code is showing duplicates:

SELECT idFile, COUNT(*) c FROM movie GROUP BY idFile HAVING c > 1;

Remove all duplicate entries by hand or another SQL command, rerun LE and have a close look at kodi.log how the migrations of the old database is going.