Simultaneous Audio Out

• Hi

I've connected my Raspberry Pi 5 with my TV using the HDMI-0 (first HDMI) port. This works fine, I can listen to music and see videos - all on my TV. But I also have an AVR receiver and now I'm trying to set everything up to get the following:

1. I want to watch the news on my TV without turning on my AVR. I like my TV audio sound for news and documentaries.
    2. I want to be able to listen to audio files (e.g. mp3) on my AVR without the TV on.
    3. I want to enjoy my AVR's audio output when watching movies or playing games.

I thought, it's easy to setup:

1. First HDMI is always active. (I can watch the news without turning on the AVR.)
    2. Second HDMI is always active. (I can listen to music without turning on the TV.)

But although it sounds super easy, I haven't been able to set it up. There's an alternative option hidden in scenario 3: because watching movies implies the TV on, I could connect my AVR with another cable through the TV optical out. Maybe this reveals any pulseaudio dual/mirror audio options?

Or is that all a bad idea?

Kind regards
    Steffen